1981 Suzuki GS750 Cafe Racer Build

Thanks for the replies guys!

As you can see from the picture of the frame, here's the "dreaded" tank and seat alignment issue. Instead of doing what everyone else is attempting which is to raise the front of the seat or make a big lip to the tank, I plan to raise the back a tiny bit. This will give it a V shape with the tank and a more aggressive look. You can sort of already see it in the current picture. After all, cafe racers are supposed to be one of a kind right?

photo1_zps49dec22c.jpg.html

photo4_zps3d657f47.jpg.html

photo2_zps8b038136.jpg.html

photo1_zps49dec22c.jpg.html

photo5_zps593fa75e.jpg.html

Nope , can't see them.
I did check the properties and see you have them hosted on photobucket. Problem is you used an incorrect url to the pics...
Code:
 http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/Leandro_Perez/media/photo1_zps49dec22c.jpg.html

What you want to do is when you are viewing the page of the pic you want to post (not the album), you'll see on the right side of the page a series of url links under the bold text "Links to share this photo". You hold you cursor over the one titled "image" and it will turn into a "pointy finger"... click on that url script and it will read "copied". Then you can go to your post here and paste it direct...

You will see
Code:
 [IMG]http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u670/Hoosierb17/grand-kids/menhoney_zps3ce33330.jpg[/IMG]
but once submitted will be some drunk bastard with a Bloodhound pic...

menhoney_zps3ce33330.jpg

HAHAHA I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that picture. thank you. The picture of the frame has JUST primer on it. It's gonna be black

photo5_zps593fa75e.jpg

photo1_zps49dec22c.jpg

photo2_zps8b038136.jpg

photo3_zpsf53f17ef.jpg

photo4_zps3d657f47.jpg

You got the pic posting figured out! Congrats.
But you should have masked off the tire (tyre) when you painted the rim.

I have to say... looking good.

I really like that style of mag wheel. I love my wire wheels, but I think that particular model of mag is one of the best out there. When I see them... it makes me REALLY REALLY hate the 'swirly' mags on my XV750.

Keep at it! I am interested to see what you do with the tank/seat to try to help with that alignment issue.

Sorry I forgot to clarify the wheel paint. I didn't mask them because they're bald and will be replaced. Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Leandro said:
Sorry I forgot to clarify the wheel paint. I didn't mask them because they're bald and will be replaced. Thanks for the encouragement guys!
Probably should have removed the tires first then painted them. You will likely chip / marr the paint in the process so be ready with the touch-up. Not trying to be a Buzz-kill, just know what a PITA it is to change tires. It is a lot easier to put on new rubber than remove the rock hard, stuck on old ones.
PS, you do know that even though those are cast aluminum wheels and not spokers they still have a tube, right?
Double PITA!!

Yeah that would have probably been a better idea. We'l see how it goes. Those tubes are really gonna be a PITA. Thanks hoosier

Hey guys, I did some more work this past weekend. I'll upload the pictures tonight.

Anyone know of a good battery I can purchase? It needs to be small so im not exactly sure on how many amps it should be. I also looked into the anti gravity batteries but they're expensive and can't be recharged after a certain point so i think im gonna stick with the regular ones. Please let me know what you guys think and what experiences you have with products you've used. Thanks in advance!

I just bought an antigravity 8 cell for my gs1100, and it is BADASS! that little thing has soooo much more cranking power than the water filled p.o.s. just make sure you have a decent regulator and you'll be set.

I'm kinda running low in $$$ so I don't think I'll be able to upgrade my regulator =[ at least for now. That was actually the main reason for why I didn't want to do the anti gravity. I'll upgrade at some point but for now I need to use my money to get it finished for this riding season. Thanks for the input thought I appreciate it.

not unless the stator is bad. I picked up a gixxer rgulator on ebay for $35. there are a ton of different regulators you can go with and can usually find them cheap. are you on the GS forum? there is a guy there that has a whole list of regulators that work. i'll try to find the link he sent me and pm it to you. The one thing you need to worry about with the anti gravity is that the regulator you find doesn't charge it over 14.7 volts. other than that it's pretty simple.

What's everyone's opinion on tires? Not looking to drive fast or take it on the track. I also don't want the old school look just because of performance. I rather have the new style tires and know I'm not going to be low siding when it rains. If you guys could let me know what you use and what you have experience with that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

I put almost everything together. The wheels will come off once it's running so I can get the new tires. I'm currently working on the wiring and it sucks... I hate electrical work. I bought a universal starter relay from DCC and I don't know how to ground it so I'm stuck until I hear back from them. Other than that, headlights, turn signals and all other electronics work fine. I put the tank and seat on the bike to see what it will look like. I'll upload the picture tonight if I have time.

I asume the starter only has one pole? if so that is likely the possitive from the battery and the starter will ground through the housing/casing/body if that makes sense.

it has two posts. One for the battery and one for the starter motor and it's inside a rubber material that has tabs to hold it somewhere. It also has plugs at the top for a harness but i tried every point on it and nothing worked.

Might be a little late but my suggestion for a battery would be the ballistics 8cell and tires would be shinko 712.

Back
Top Bottom