My Cafe Racer is finally done

Cafe_to_go

Coast to Coast
My Cafe Racer is finally finished, with the exception of painting the frame, cleaning up the engine and other misc things.... I will take care of these items during the winter months. Now check out some pictures.

IMG00169.jpg

IMG00167.jpg

IMG00165.jpg

IMG00169-1.jpg

IMG00167.jpg

IMG00166.jpg

IMG00164.jpg

IMG00158.jpg

I did the upholstery on the seat myself, it's not the best job, however it would of taken another month for the bike to be ready.

Hope you like it!!!

Thanks, the headers the original ones, they were just polished, the exhaust is a pair of shorty reverse cone muffler that I bought at JC Whitney. Give it a sporty's sound, the OEM mufflers made it sound like a diesel engine.

Wow, I love how they look on your bike. Remember what they were called by any chance? or how much the set ran you? Ill be ordering a set ASAP.

Can I ask how your front brake lights up the brake light? Is there a switch integrated into your control perch? I'm mounting a drum brake and am working on the light switch.

Tintin said:
Can I ask how your front brake lights up the brake light? Is there a switch integrated into your control perch? I'm mounting a drum brake and am working on the light switch.

I had to retract what I said earlier, did some quick research and the cable has nothing to do with the brake light not turning on when activated, I think some cables were connected wrong and that why it doesn't light up. Check out this wiring diagram I found, the switch is inegrated in the control. Sorry for the previous answer.

http://www.honda350k.com/CB250_350.jpg

Fear My Twin said:
Wow, I love how they look on your bike. Remember what they were called by any chance? or how much the set ran you? Ill be ordering a set ASAP.

They are called shorty seamless megaphones, I paid about $90 for the pair. What is cool about these mufflers is that you can remove the interal baffle. Check out the link:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006468/p-2006468/N-111+10211+600014672/c-10111

That is a nice bike! I really like the clean look and the long tank and seat go well together. Good job!

You may want to consider a short fibre glass front fender - it would look good with the tank and seat cowl

Mikkel

ProTeal55 said:
Where abouts in IL are ya located ?
Check out some local cafe/motorcycle events here --->HTTP://WWW.TONUPCHICAGO.COM
Or here --->HTTP://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/TONUPCHICAGO
Or here -----> HTTP://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/CONTINENTALBIKENIGHT

Hello ProTeal, I live in Chicago, I am close to Home Run Inn Pizza (31st Street). I haven't gone up to the Monday meet's for a couple of reason's, number one, I don't have motorcycle driver license, secondly, I don't have that much driving experience and I sort panic with traffic, I have no riding gear yet and finally, I am riding without working turn signal's, there is a short. I am sticking to riding in the alley and side streets for now, but look forward joing you guy's.

stange_dk said:
That is a nice bike! I really like the clean look and the long tank and seat go well together. Good job!

You may want to consider a short fibre glass front fender - it would look good with the tank and seat cowl

Mikkel

Thanks, actually I am and I have been looking for one. But I see there is a slight problem with my front end. The front I have is off a CB360 which has disk brake and you will notice I have drum brakes, so my wheel for some reason is not quite centered, it's closer to the right. Check out the link below, I already looked into this fender but they are sold out for now.

http://home.earthlink.net/~toddhenningracing/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bufflionel.jpg

Cool bike! Looks amazing with the new tank.
I would ditch those cheap tires unless you only plan on driving in straight lines with dry weather.

eightthirtysixcc said:
Cool bike! Looks amazing with the new tank.
I would ditch those cheap tires unless you only plan on driving in straight lines with dry weather.

I am going to replace them, bought them because Avon were out of stock back in April and I wanted to ride, but until last month my bike was ridable. I will be selling these tires for anyone who wants them, they have less then 20 miles on them.

Nice job! you and any other cb 350 ton'rs out there, I have developed a inexpensive bolt on electronic ignition system that has been race tested this season,if any one is interested ,,,let me know!

Back
Top Bottom