Cant decide if I like my tail light placement.

Not crazy about it... seems like it's just floating out there.

I keep thinking it should be recessed into the seat.

Just my honest opinion since you asked. ;)

I was thionking the exact same thing. I just wanted something mediocre to apss inspection :)

Cafe seat is in the works :)

Fear My Twin said:
I was thionking the exact same thing. I just wanted something mediocre to apss inspection :)

Cafe seat is in the works :)

We've all done this to pass inspection... then start doing whatever we want ;D

Have at er! Can't wait to see the results!

I like how it ...isn't... in you're avitar. I know it's really not, but it looks like it's tucked under the seat infront of the rear wheel, that could be cool.

Thanks guys. It is very visible where it is, Its just huge.
The problem with trying to mount anything under the seat is that the rear is lowered so much I have about 2 inches to work with. The tail light in my avatar is actually a tail light from a bicycle you can buy at wal mart. Im thinking about picking up a second one for the other side or making a custom LED strip for under the seat.

Inspection stations are very strict here.

Sidetrack issue : HOw does your inspection station regard no rear fender/guard.?

I also am working on tail light decsison but the fact is I am required to run with a rear guard and so the position choices for tail lights are made much simpler.

Well I went and checked how they feel about rear fenders and found out that I need to at least runenough fender to cover 1/4 of the rear wheel. So I just mounted the plastic half fender that was originally on the bike.

It will be close but I should pass inspection :)

I just won a ebay on a cafe seat and rear tail light for $40 so Ill be using that as soon as UPS gets it to me.

CanadaDan said:
We've all done this to pass inspection... then start doing whatever we want ;D

Have at er! Can't wait to see the results!
i did certification before i started f'ng with bike :D
again my bike was mint and ran great before got my hands on it woops ::)

Back
Top Bottom