CB360 barn find (actually pulled from a barn)

What are the tires you went with? I just picked up a 76 Cb360 and I am wanting to go with the dual sport style build as well. Any updates on the build? I'm interested to see what it looks like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ryan_289 said:
What are the tires you went with? I just picked up a 76 Cb360 and I am wanting to go with the dual sport style build as well. Any updates on the build? I'm interested to see what it looks like.

I'll check tonight and see what tires they are. They were off brand of some sort because they were the only size I could find that fit the bill. I don't have a lot of progress as of right now. I'm a glutton for punishment, so I started up a small company this spring, in addition to my real job, so time has been hard to get. It's also summer and I've done about 10,000 miles worth of touring trips, my shop flooded with the torrential rains we got in June, so yea. This winter though I'll get after it. (I said that last winter). Good news is I got my carbs back from CrazyPJ, and they look awesome.

ryan_289 said:

FYI they are Golden Boy tires. I believe made by shinko.

Just sticking an oar in to follow along on updates. If I'd found it last year I would have said get Suzuki Katana forks. 41mm, dead easy to fit with a simple stem change

Update time. The engine is back in the bike! Thats progress. I went through the factory wiring harness and it is all there, and I couldn't find any spots where it had been chewed on by a mouse or anything, and it was never hacked or cut either. I'm in process of finishing cleaning it up as it had quite a bit of dirt build up on it.

I just dropped the last batch of parts off to be powder coated. This includes the rear brake stay, kick start lever, kick stand, shift peg, and rear brake lever and some other misc parts. Should have them back later this week or early next week.

I ordered new hand controls, and a new regulator/rectifier. I'm going to do coils as well. Are the ones from Common Motor or Spark Moto the best way to go or are XS650 coils a plug and play option?

Lastly, does anyone know of a good headlight to use? I want a black bucket with a black mesh screen over the lens. I can't seem to find anything I like.

XS650 coils will work, but require a new bracket to be fabricated. The Sparck Moto ones and Common Motor ones are plug and play.

Reminds me of a Triumph that my buddy found literally buried to the handlebars in pig poo. Dug it out, took it to his dad's barn, and I helped him with it some while on leave from the Navy. Made a pretty good bike for him until he "upgraded" to a Harley chopper. If you get the chance, look up some of Dale Walksler's "What's in the Barn?"

Making progress. Got the front fender cut down to where I want it and it will be going blasted and powdered this week. Started mock-up on a battery tray, but I need to go find a battery for this thing so I can make sure I get my dimensions where I want them and lastly the wiring harness is mostly cleaned up and should be serviceable. I ordered a headlight from ebay, it was a cheap Chinese one, and the mounting bolts on either side were not even. So I still need to get that sent back.

I am waiting on the hand controls and regulator/rectifier I ordered from Sparck Moto a couple weeks ago, and then I need to order new speedo/tach, seat, chain, rear shocks, and figure out what I want to do with the rear fender. This bike will get ridden on gravel and probably some dirt roads and stuff, so I do need a fender that will protect the carbs/engine from debris. Anyone have any ideas?

GlzhdPL.jpg

C5nTRhN.jpg

6e2HkmN.jpg

Got my box of misc parts back from powder coating. Does anyone know what this bracket is for? I can't for the life of me figure out what it was.

6WFDkTH.jpg

Gqhazmh.jpg

advCo said:
Exhaust hanger maybe?

That was my first thought too, but there is only one of them. And I'm pretty sure all the exhaust stuff is sitting in a tote because I wont be using anything off of it.

Is there a battery hold down or anything like that on these CB's.

irk miller said:
It's an EMGO exhaust hanger.

I don't think it is unless honda put those on stock back in 74. This bike was bone stock before it found it's way into my garage.

+1 on exhaust hanger. Check out your photo from Jan 10, 2017, 12:21:46.
There it is, dangling from the passenger peg bracket.

Turnturtle said:
+1 on exhaust hanger. Check out your photo from Jan 10, 2017, 12:21:46.
There it is, dangling from the passenger peg bracket.

Well I'll be damned. Good eye. Apparently I'm an idiot and I will hang this bracket on the shop wall as a reminder.

Thanks lol. Everyone move along. Nothing to see here.

cyglide said:
Apparently I'm an idiot and I will hang this bracket on the shop wall as a reminder.Nothing to see here.
Lmao. I know the feeling. I know the feeling well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got my battery/electronics tray mostly fabbed up. My welds aren't the greatest as it's been about 5 years since I last did any welding, but I'm getting the hang of it again pretty quick.

ro2xe6r.jpg

0tHi2bI.jpg

HrTVMd9.jpg

EzhHyv5.jpg

I need to figure something out for a rear fender. I would like one that goes all the way down to protect the carbs/engine. Anyone know where to find something? I don't mind doing a little modifying to make it fit, but I don't really have the tools/skill to make one from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom