1997 BMW F650 ST Bluebird - Repair, maintain, ride.

canyoncarver said:
I put an slightly longer than stock aftermarket shift lever on my KLR. Took a try or two to get it right for my boots.

This is really what I need. The shifter is at least an inch shorter than I'd like.

advCo said:
Actually I'm going to throw the boots away, wear flip flops and shift with my big toe.

Just cut the toes out of your boots, flip flop style.

11494-010519103634.png

Careful with the flip flops, been there done that!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 481
Sir Longhorn hooked me up with these soft bags. Should be a perfect addition to the rig for this trip. Thanks dude!

The bags came with rain covers, which I assume aren’t for riding but more for parking overnight to keep things dry?

Attachments

• IMG_1539.JPG
    IMG_1539.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 208
advCo said:
Sir Longhorn hooked me up with these soft bags. Should be a perfect addition to the rig for this trip. Thanks dude!

The bags came with rain covers, which I assume aren’t for riding but more for parking overnight to keep things dry?

When it rains on the ride, pull over and put the rain covers on when you put your rain gear on. It'll keep the whole bag dry. They are not just for parking. If you ride without them in the rain, the water will find all kinds of ways into your bags, especially at speed. I also put certain things in ziplock bags as well.

canyoncarver said:
When it rains on the ride, pull over and put the rain covers on when you put your rain gear on. It'll keep the whole bag dry. They are not just for parking. If you ride without them in the rain, the water will find all kinds of ways into your bags, especially at speed. I also put certain things in ziplock bags as well.

Cool, that makes much more sense. I will probably grab a dry bag to put my clothes in, that way I don't have to worry too much about it.

advCo said:
Cool, that makes much more sense. I will probably grab a dry bag to put my clothes in, that way I don't have to worry too much about it.

Yeah, I use contractor grade trash bags on the insides sometimes and carry at least two extras. Way cheaper than dry bags and multi-use.

Get you some dry bags, like for kayaking. You can get sets of 3 or 4 in various sizes for like $15 at most sporting stores.

I use the thick garbage bags and then good ziplocks for small stuff I want to stay dry. rain covers just add hassle.

I always carried my clothes in a dry sack stuffed in those bags. I would also do like Kelly said and put the rain covers on while I was getting my Frog Toggs on.

advCo said:

That's the core of DDT right there. I figured old Justin was a good dude minus his accent. Let's just hope it doesn't rain during the daytime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

JustinLonghorn said:
I always carried my clothes in a dry sack stuffed in those bags. I would also do like Kelly said and put the rain covers on while I was getting my Frog Toggs on.

Two thumbs up for Frog Toggs. It's what I use for my rain gear too.

Frogg Toggs got me through the microburst storm at Mid-O all dry two years ago.

Back
Top Bottom