Cb250rs cafe

CB250RS Yippie!!!! picking up the chromed bits and frame tomorrow!!!!!

finally Im picking up all the chromed bits ive been waiting for and the frame is ready to collect to!!!!! so now i will be able to start with the painting and the putting back together stuff it seems like ive been waiting forever for this time to come along

How do I?

hey ALL I've notice the some of you have been able to label your individual picture with captions, How do I do that????

I only ask as soon i will have a crap load of pic's and i would like to say what the hell im upto in each...

Thanks for any help with this AndyCafe.....

Re: CB250RS Yippie!!! finally my bits are coming back!!!!!

I don't know how you're uploading your images but I link my images from my website, similiar to how you would using photobucket and then I just put what I want to say by the image. so my code looks like:

Talking about my image
jasonkent.ca/images/someimage.jpg[/img}

the 2nd image
[img]jasonkent.ca/images/someimage2.jpg[/img}

The ending bracket is changed for so that the code is not active.

Jay

love the rs = nice little racers i am looking for some rs alloy rims to use on my cj keep posting good work

For pics - sign up at Photobucket, upload your pictures to their site, and then paste the IMG links in your posts here. You can put text between them etc, and they'll be bigger too. You're using the site's photo upload feature, which is fine, but it puts all the pics at the end of your post and is limited in size.

Re: CB250RS Yippie!!! the're back!!!!!!

So here is some pics of the newly chromed bits, what a great thing chrome is......... this must be a good omen, there turning gold!!!!!!! lol

Attachments

• chromed1.JPG
    chromed1.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 689
  • chromed2.JPG
    chromed2.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 706
  • chromed3.JPG
    chromed3.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 698
  • chromed4.JPG
    chromed4.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 712

here's a couple of snaps of the frame mods we did, from the seat pan to the inner gaurd.....

Attachments

• seat pan mod6.JPG
    seat pan mod6.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 711
  • seat pan mod4.JPG
    seat pan mod4.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 693
  • seat pan mod2.JPG
    seat pan mod2.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 697
  • seat pan mod.JPG
    seat pan mod.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 695

I also picked up a replacement front gaurd, so all i need now is to get onto the front fork and wheel rebuilds before we get into the paint and the reassembly... yahoo!!!!!

Attachments

• front fender (504x335).jpg
    front fender (504x335).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 707
Re: Back to the Cb250Rs, parts renewal underway!!!!!

don't kangaroo have boxing gloves ,or did I just catch cartoons in another lie

Great project, I like the 250RS and GB250 Hondas, suited perfectly to cafeing and have a bit of nippiness about them which some of the smaller bikes don't. Was thinking of buying one of either, kinda jealous haha. Keep up the good stuff.

Kangaroos are quite nice, but you should see if you can try emu. Guy next to my fathers place has an emu farm...they go really well in pies with a bit of tomato sauce on top ;D

Cheers - boingk

You've got all the making of a good long weekend there bro......Don't know if you noticed the 400f thread earlier this week (i can't find it today) but it had good net parts links. If you keep going at this rate both your builds will be finished before I've even blown the dust off mine! (bike that is). Here's to a bike in every state.

88 said:
You've got all the making of a good long weekend there bro......Don't know if you noticed the 400f thread earlier this week (i can't find it today) but it had good net parts links. If you keep going at this rate both your builds will be finished before I've even blown the dust off mine! (bike that is). Here's to a bike in every state.

So much fun so little time.... i checked out that 400f it was good to see and i got some ideas for that poject.. well maybe if i do finish them i could lend you a hand if you needed it, but im sure that once youve seen issi's completed and the start of the 400f rebuild if you have any spare time you be down in your workshop getting busy (on the bike build that is,LOL)

Re: Back to the Cb250Rs, parts renewal underway!!!!!

bradj said:
don't kangaroo have boxing gloves ,or did I just catch cartoons in another lie

they only wear boxing gloves if your to chicken to fight bare knuckled hahahaha.....

boingk said:
Great project, I like the 250RS and GB250 Hondas, suited perfectly to cafeing and have a bit of nippiness about them which some of the smaller bikes don't. Was thinking of buying one of either, kinda jealous haha. Keep up the good stuff.

Kangaroos are quite nice, but you should see if you can try emu. Guy next to my fathers place has an emu farm...they go really well in pies with a bit of tomato sauce on top ;D

Cheers - boingk

cheers man, im sure its going to be plenty nippy for my wife who im building it for as she only weighs around 50kgs, i like the rs because of its long tank with factory knee dents..... should come up sweet after its been to the painter for some love....

Re: CB250RS, things dont always go to plan??

Well i had every entention of painting the frame and a few other bits for the bike this weekend but life got in the way??? the wife decided that she wanted to go and have a look at new homes (up side potential new workshop!!!! down side takes soooo much time!!) then we just called into a friends to say hey and found my mate had started ripping out a wall in the down stairs area for the new bar, so there gos the rest of the day i cant help myself and helped him finish pulling the wall and then building the new frame work and bar opening then relining it with plywood then plaster 1am finish!!! so today was V8 supercars and footy on the box. so anyway im behind so i think ill have to put in the effort during the week to get the oldgirl painted...

Re: CB250RS stage 1, prep for painting complete...

Andycafe paintworks now ready, LOL :D
heres is some pics of all the paint bits hanging and ready for the etch primer........

Attachments

• wind chimes ready for paint1.JPG
    wind chimes ready for paint1.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 696
  • wind chimes ready for paint.JPG
    wind chimes ready for paint.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 709
  • wind chimes ready for paint5.JPG
    wind chimes ready for paint5.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 718
  • wind chimes ready for paint3.JPG
    wind chimes ready for paint3.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 706

So over the next couple of days im going to start laying down some paint, hopefully by the weekend ill have them all in topcoat but i dont want to rush so wel see eh?

Attachments

• primed frame7.JPG
    primed frame7.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 692
  • primed bits3.JPG
    primed bits3.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 708
  • primed bits6.JPG
    primed bits6.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 680
  • primed frame2.JPG
    primed frame2.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 683

Mate looks like wind chimes ;D what colour are you painting them?
Although i don't much like the supertaxi's, i do have a soft spot for Craig Lownds, go FPR ;D ;D ;D

Rod from OZ 8)

Zonda said:
Mate looks like wind chimes ;D what colour are you painting them?
Although i don't much like the supertaxi's, i do have a soft spot for Craig Lownds, go FPR ;D ;D ;D

Rod from OZ 8)

Hey Rod, the frame and swingarm are getting some matt black attention, the front forks, headtree, control mounts are up for some gloss silver and the rear shocks and other bits are getting some gloss black. when i get the wheels sorted their for gloss black and the tins (front/rear fenders and tank) gloss metallic blood red, while the engine is going matt black with polished alloy covers.......... oooohh its so close :p

Just thought i post some more pics from the national motorcycle museum as there seems to be some interest in those pics too,LOL ;D

Attachments

• A.J.S (504x335).jpg
    A.J.S (504x335).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 676
  • A.J.S.2 (504x335).jpg
    A.J.S.2 (504x335).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 676
  • Velocette (504x335).jpg
    Velocette (504x335).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 703
  • still heaven (504x335).jpg
    still heaven (504x335).jpg