GN125 china tracker

EL Sammo

Hello everyone, been a long time between drinks! I work in china for usually six months each year and get all kinds of stuff like imported beers and western food etc from taobao which is the chinese version of ebay, for a laugh i decided to build a bike entirely from mail order parts and see how it worked out.

Using all new parts was a nice change as the time you save on repairing previous damage, degreasing and prepping is amazing, in australia i could never afford it but in china it is easily do able. This way means i get to strip the threads for myself rather than have someone else do it! haha

Based on a Suzuki GN125 design but chinese built and with a 150cc engine with a 5 speed box. Anyway i will let the pictures do the talking and hope you enjoy, nothing too serious just a fun little bike to hack around the local roads on.

suzuki-gn-125_key_8 by EL Sammo, on Flickr

20160607_153540 by EL Sammo, on Flickr

20160610_161342 by EL Sammo, on Flickr

20160610_194248 by EL Sammo, on Flickr

20160610_194603 by EL Sammo, on Flickr

All the bits and pieces, made decent battery cables for it and sorted out a lot of the wiring which was all a bit cheaply made but easy to sort with proper connectors and decent gauge wiring for the important "make it go" bits. Tank i left bare metal and sanded, let it go just a bit rusty then clear coated it. Interestingly it kept getting a darker colour even after the clear was on? Maybe the rust keeps acting for a while even after being sealed off? Not sure, might come as a shock to you all but i am not actually a scientist.

20160615_132828 by EL Sammo, on Flickr

20160615_133409 - Copy by EL Sammo, on Flickr

20160615_133504 - Copy by EL Sammo, on Flickr

mmexport1466405298671 by EL Sammo, on Flickr

Ta Da! All sorted, tidied up the jetting and ran it around a bit, changed the suicide shift back to standard, suicide shifter worked well on the 4 speed but this being a 5 speed was too many gear changes around town and got in the way of me holding a beer so had to go.

Goes pretty well around town and sits on 80kmh happily enough, its not gonna rip your arms off but a fun little rig for around the local hill roads. Hope you enjoyed the build and have a great day.

That is just a real cool clean little scoot. Nice fab skills, nice finishing touches, all around looks real fun!

Can we talk about what's going in the picture of just the tank though???

Nicely done! Looks like a fun little motorbike.

coyote13 said:

Hahaha I didn't even notice. Awesome.

coyote13 said:
That is just a real cool clean little scoot. Nice fab skills, nice finishing touches, all around looks real fun!

Thanks mate, No rush on this one i did it all at work on company time so taking it real easy!

the car is just the young guys practicing two wheel driving, the launch ramp you can see in the background to get on two wheels, i work for a stunt show company here, just like a monkey in cage, poke me with a stick and i dance haha! Its kind of like a poorly organised dangerous circus with cars and bikes.

Back
Top Bottom