Not a Restoration, more a Beautification KH400/S3

Mr_Dunev

I have no idea what I am doing
So I just picked this bike up last week, and I am going to be taking her to 2-stroke Extravaganza, and entering her in for the judging.

So I have less than 3 weeks to get her running properly, and to fix her imperfections.

List of needs so far.

Carb kit
Rebuild Petcock
New paint for pipes
Clean/repaint rear shocks
Paint Rear turn signals
New foot pegs
De Rust Gas tank
Clean Oxidation on Spokes.
Touch up micro paint chips on gas tank.
Paint letters on side covers
Clean/Paint Controls and Gauges
Restore the seat leather, and fix a 1" tear along the seam.
Wash and Polish the rest of the bike.

Should be pretty straight forward, but I am also working full time and have a side business to attend to so I'll do my best

17 days and counting....

That's a hell of a list for three weeks. You've got nice one to start with. Good luck.

Decided I am NOT going to touch up the paint on the tank. I am just going to clean the rust out.
I also took the seat to a "custom upholstery" place, and they said they couldn't fix the tear, because it isn't on a seam.

So I just gave the seat a nice coating of mink-oil

The tank had a perfect line of rust about halfway up the tank.

Filled it with Apple Cider Vinegar and a few nuts

It's hard to see, but it cleaned it all out really well. Actually better than expected. I let is soak for a few days, and I would just give it a few shakes whenever I was around.

So I took off the shocks to start cleaning them up, they were an eyesore.

I made a boo-boo :-[ and almost lost a toe :eek:
I was trying to keep the dust out of my garage. and decided to use my foot as the vise....not my best idea
That hole in my shoe was not there when I started.

I also started stripping the pain off my chambers.

It took a while with the stripper i was using, so i am going to try something else on the other chambers tonight.

I then had a visitor show up to see what kind of progress I was making on the triple. He has good taste 8) I named him Garfield.
P.S I don't own a cat

Tonight I am also going to pick up some paint to redo the letters on the side covers.

It's nice to finally have some time off to work on it.

Back
Top Bottom