lets see your small cafe's and mopeds

buckeyebike said:
Green, I skimmed your thread, and I love the full fairing . . . you going to put it back on?

I'm not sure yet. The screen doesn't look right to me how it is at the moment. So I'm going to get the bike finished without it, and then see if I can adapt/ get a new screen to make it look alright. If it looks good then I'll probably put it back on and if not, no real loss because I've already built the bike I wanted.

buckeyebike said:
Perfect timing on the revival . . . was at a local swap today and stumbled across this Hooker exhaust for my CL175 . . . love the sound.

CL175Hooker3004.jpg
That pipe is SUPER TRICK. Your already very good looking bike, somehow now looks even better.
KUDOS to ya!
-Steve

Here is a 1966 Solex I restored a few years ago. It was made from parts from so many donors I nicknamed it "Frankenstein" So I replaced the neutral shift knob with one I made in Frank's likeness. I think it's the slowest, most dangerous thing I have ridden with a motor and 2 wheels. The throttle is designed to be on full and the front brake lever reduces the throttle and then applies the brake. Dont fall off though - she will run away at full throttle ;D
IMG_0783-2.jpg

IMG_0781-1.jpg

CDNbiker said:
Here is a 1966 Solex I restored a few years ago. It was made from parts from so many donors I nicknamed it "Frankenstein" So I replaced the neutral shift knob with one I made in Frank's likeness. I think it's the slowest, most dangerous thing I have ridden with a motor and 2 wheels. The throttle is designed to be on full and the front brake lever reduces the throttle and then applies the brake. Dont fall off though - she will run away at full throttle ;D
IMG_0783-2.jpg

IMG_0781-1.jpg

Very cool indeed!!!

Not sure what would be scarier though... that or the little 1949 Ducati Cucciolo I'm restoring to go on a 1939 Malvern Star frame :eek:

I have thought about getting a Tomos Streetmate and turning into something brat-ish for the girlfriend to ride. She used to like riding my Yamaha Jog around. My friend and I had matching purple 1996 Yamaha Jogs. They were pretty rad, 45mph on flat roads. He sold mine to me for $600 but wrecked his which was his only means of transportation. So I sold mine back to him for $600. Then he got a Zuma and decided to sell the Jog because it was single seat. He got $700 for it and then it was back up on CL a few weeks later for $800. I would have bought it back, he gave me the opportunity, but I had other shit going on.

I've also thought about a board tracker using a bike frame and Minarelli engine with Yamaha Jog CVT, or perhaps try to put the same setup in another small bike or moped frame. In CO if it's under 50ccs and doesn't have a manual clutch you don't need an MC license.

first post,
Zündapp KS 50 Super Sport 1981, modified with a homemade exhaust, hpi rotor ignition, ibea kart carburator, eurocilindro 70 cc 8 port cilinder, special combustion chamber, double discbrake up front, etc...
hope you like it.

Attachments

• dapp.jpg
    dapp.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,567
So I found this tank on Ebay and I'm definitely wanting to get it.

My bike is all black and I think this tank with the patina would look brilliant. The only thing I would do is get rid of the little rust on the inside and leave it as is.

Thoughts?

$(KGrHqR,!lYE2EJY,Y-bBNtFkCtvzg~~_12.JPG

Will go find it and confirm. I know I gave a few of my oddball tanks away a while back but I think that one is still in my rafters. I'm in Canada, so you might be better off buying a cheap one on eBay and having it shipped within the US. Shipping the tank from here is likely to run $40 easy. But will go find it.

Tim said:
Will go find it and confirm. I know I gave a few of my oddball tanks away a while back but I think that one is still in my rafters. I'm in Canada, so you might be better off buying a cheap one on eBay and having it shipped within the US. Shipping the tank from here is likely to run $40 easy. But will go find it.

The one on Ebay is going to be $40+ with $18 shipping. So I'll probably still be interested. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom