The Travelling Gremlen Bell! In Kentucky getting Rusty.

Re: The Travelling Gremlen Bell!

BJ, if you want to send it down my way I'll make the first session with it. I'll bring it around the Voodoo capitol and make sure it's got plenty of good Mojo laid on it. I can send it to Saki when my time is up, if he's ready. If not, whoever steps up next.
I'll PM you my info. If I'm jumping in line ahead of somebody, just let me know and disregard the addy.

How are you guys going about recording the bells where abouts? may I reccomend a little little log book and a flash memory stick with pictures, dates and places?

Redbird: Sounds good. I will send the bell and a little log (hee-hee) book with it to you.I will know it went to u and when it leaves me I will post here so everybody will know who has it.When it leaves Redbird, he can post here, etc. Good enough? Redbird its yours.BJ

Ya... A short "i just sent it to" post with a pic or two would be cool.

hocbj23 said:
Redbird its yours.BJ

Cool! I'll be on the lookout for it. What was the timeframe for posession? Two weeks?

Sounds like a great idea! My bike should be running and titled by next month hopefully, I might want to get in on this for it's first real ride.

Little bell has left Chattanooga for Redbirds house in Louisiana. 249 Miles on it when it left here. Enjoy Chris and pass it on.bj

well Ive got a pic of the bike,and the bell IS on it but I dont know if u can see it or not. Ill scrummage (My word for rummaging thru my stuff) and see if I can find it.From henceforth,I guess everyone needs to take a pic of little bell on big bike and post it up.bj

BJ, I have the bell. It arrived Saturday afternoon. I have it attached to the DS7, but didn't get a pic yet.
I'll be riding her around to some local historical spots over the next two weeks, and will be taking pics along the way.

Count me in on this, fellas - I know I'm far away over the sea but I'd definitely like to be a part of this sometime.

While I'm here...should we make a list of people interested in this thing? Not some Nazi thing thats non-negotiable, but simply a go-to so you know who to send it off to next.

Cheers - boingk

I just read the entire post - cool idea!
When it comes to the West Penn, we could do a little relay with it. I could hand it to VonYinzer, he could hand it to JFish, etc, etc. I would rather ride it out to another Tonner than mail it, know what I mean?

Sounds good BigR! Make sure to take pictures as well, everyone. You know, how they did it with the garden gnome in Amelie.

- boingk

cool idea there BigR.I guess just to make things simple,someone,anyone needs to led Redbird know that they want it next.When he finsihes his tour,he can send it off,log here and say where it went,post any pics, and relay the miles he put on it.Boingk should definately get a turn with it and anyone there u feel comfortable sharing with.Just be sure it gets back Stateside at some point. I said a little prayer for Redbirds safety when I sent it,but u guys do whatever u want to in that regard. ANother tragedy here in Chattanooga this past week-end.Young woman (26) on her bike,some stupid dude comes down the wrong way on a four lane street,another dude tries to avoid Mr.Stupid,swerves, hits the young lady head on.DOA at the trauma center.It just goes on and on.Please ladies and gents,be safe out there.bj

Are the miles gonna get logged for its travel between people too?

Good idea Staffy. I guess the recipient could MapQuest from 1 zip to the next and log the "travel miles" in on receipt.bj

Ok... How about if we send one of those nice Moleskine leather covered journals with the bell. There about 3.5" x 5". Everyone logs their mileage when they got the bell and when they sent it off (and maybe tapes a pic into the book) than signs it. That way their will be an actual logbook. Maybe when it makes its way home we could even get copies made for everyone. Ill buy it and send it to redbird if you guys think its a good idea. Just let me know and Ill stop by the stationary store tomorrow and send it out.

Back
Top Bottom