74 CB360 City Bike

bike looks awesome. Any plans for a front fork brace? I have been looking for one that would also clear a 4.0 x 18 tire... haven't found anything though, seems like the only option is fabricating something yourself or finding a brace that only tightens around each fork tube, and not the stock fork brace screw holes

Zoltan said:
bike looks awesome. Any plans for a front fork brace? I have been looking for one that would also clear a 4.0 x 18 tire... haven't found anything though, seems like the only option is fabricating something yourself or finding a brace that only tightens around each fork tube, and not the stock fork brace screw holes

im using the stock brace mounted stock with a 110/90-18 tire which i believe is a 4x18 equivalent maybe even larger. you have to spend some time bending the mounting tabs outward away from the tire sidewalls, then back in towards the bolt holes. when im slowing down i could hear the tire "nipple" things that stick out running against the metal so its a very tight fit.
probably going to put on stock tires after this pair though.

great looking bike though. one of my favorite builds on here!

Also, The fork boots make it very difficult to run a front fender. They may be coming off if safety becomes an issue. Too bad, I feel like they sorta pull the front end together aesthetically.

Back
Top Bottom