picture of your homemade tools

CCRider said:
Just some latex house paint. It's holding up pretty well.

CC

I hope you don't mind but I'm copying this idea only mine will be big enough to fit this cl450 frame I have in the basement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are some tools we've made over the years for certain applications. If you break your visegrips, make something cool out of them!

Top left and below it are both flange tools. The top one is actually a combination flange tool and hammerform for one specific part we made. The other one we use to straighten flanges that have been bent or slightly warped in sandblasting.

Top right... well, if you need a bigger jaw, make one!

Bottom left - ever need to weld 2 sections of tube together and have a hard time keeping things lined up? 2 pieces of angle iron set up like this will keep things perfectly aligned. It is set up to leave gaps at the edges so you can get your tack welds in. Tack, rotate, tack, rotate, then it's locked in and you can finish your welds.

Bottom right - this little cage is designed for one purpose, welding in weld-nuts. It keeps the nut clamped perfectly over the hole in the part while the cage allows access for the welder.

Attachments

• DSCN2874.JPG
    DSCN2874.JPG
    871.9 KB · Views: 311
Re: Re: picture of your homemade tools

krafty said:
These are some tools we've made over the years for certain applications. If you break your visegrips, make something cool out of them!

Top left and below it are both flange tools. The top one is actually a combination flange tool and hammerform for one specific part we made. The other one we use to straighten flanges that have been bent or slightly warped in sandblasting.

Top right... well, if you need a bigger jaw, make one!

Bottom left - ever need to weld 2 sections of tube together and have a hard time keeping things lined up? 2 pieces of angle iron set up like this will keep things perfectly aligned. It is set up to leave gaps at the edges so you can get your tack welds in. Tack, rotate, tack, rotate, then it's locked in and you can finish your welds.

Bottom right - this little cage is designed for one purpose, welding in weld-nuts. It keeps the nut clamped perfectly over the hole in the part while the cage allows access for the welder.
My dad has some just like that he made for welding back in the day. Awesome man!

-sent from sea via corked bottle

Kellyman said:
My homemade spring compressor. Saw it somewhere else and was easy to make. Large C-clamp, small cut piece of wood and a magnet. Worked like a charm.

I used a C-clamp, an O2 sensor socket, and duct tape. I was a bit away from a welder. Necessity is a mother...

Teddy21502 said:
I hope you don't mind but I'm copying this idea only mine will be big enough to fit this cl450 frame I have in the basement.

Go for it. And my CB450 frame fits in mine too. :)

CC

Here's a real simple one. I was replacing the steering bearings in my VF700 and couldn't get enough angle on a punch inside the stem to catch the edge of the old races to drive them out. I found a giant 12" long nail in the garage, cut the point off and ground a sharp edge around the head. The head fit perfectly behind the race to drive it out.

CCRider said:
Here's a real simple one. I was replacing the steering bearings in my VF700 and couldn't get enough angle on a punch inside the stem to catch the edge of the old races to drive them out. I found a giant 12" long nail in the garage, cut the point off and ground a sharp edge around the head. The head fit perfectly behind the race to drive it out.

I did likewise last week to get stem bearing races. I wish I knew where that giant nail came from.

I bet my whole house is going to fall down.

just so everyone knows, with that Valve spring compressor you need 8" or bigger c-clamp i just tried it with a 6" and it wasn't large enough,

Carb Float tool and a homemade Spoke wrench. The silver one is the one I made.

Attachments

• Carb Float tool Small.jpg
    Carb Float tool Small.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 318
  • relace home made spoke wrench.jpg
    relace home made spoke wrench.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 324
Stand and brace work for my new bead roller

Attachments

• 2013-12-12 04.55.23.jpg
    2013-12-12 04.55.23.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 1,002