New CNC parts line.

Yep, that's too much dough for my applications.

I have noticed that prices are coming down and some import broaches are hitting the market. Obviously not much of an advantage for a shop doing large quantities, the better tool will always be a money saver, but for guys like me it lets me do the work myself since I'll never wear the tool out in the foreseeable future anyways.

crazypj said:
;) I just threw out some numbers to see where it went, knowing you would have already priced the competition.
Personally I think $130 for flat plate is way overpriced, the design you have is going to need a much thicker piece to be able to machine all the curves. Good looking piece is going to cost a lot more. Probably be best to make a replacement for USD forks first, new stock piece would be damn expensive simply because the forks are newer (plus, as I already mentioned, there ain't too many different sizes) If tey were drilled for 'risers/bar clamps it would open up a market that doesn't exist at present, USD forks with MX/flat track bars. To get a neat looking handlebar mount is pretty difficult and stock top yoke is real tin where they get drilled for bar mounts (Used to work with a bunch of 'stuntaa's')

Had this made here, can't remember who tho.

20333da6a00d3b20a01fb04f3637acc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I'd be interested in a fork brace for a 350. Vintage aftermarket ones fit funny and the brace from the stock front fender is ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Definitely some coin to be made, building top clamps with risers for sport bikes. See people asking about them regularly.

Well, we will be moving ahead with top clamps and fork braces. Already have a dynamite design for the top clamp, and first batch will be a preorder for cb350, 360, I think some cx500s, basically any bike that used that same 33mm front end. Working on pricing now.

Back
Top Bottom