my review of tint - a - shield

JRK5892

Over 1,000 Posts
AWESOME PRODUCT!!!!!
i have had it for about a week now. was sick and tired of dropping my sun glasses while taking on or off my helmet, and hated how they felt under the helmet. I did not want a tinted shield cause when i leave for the shop it is bright and sunny and when i come home it is dark... deer just pop out! so i was on the hunt. one of the busn we work with specializes in race bikes. i was in there dropping off some powder work and he was amazed i was on a sport bike. so we started to BS and he told me about Tint -a- Shade's... he uses them on the track every now and then... sure enough $12 bucks later i had it in my pocket.

It is basicly a static cling tint... lay it on the outside of the shield and when you want it off pull it up roll it up and put it back in the tube
I have changed it several times a day over the past week and it works awesome! does not love at 110 on the highway, and is really easy to get the air bubbles out. best part is it is DARK, sunny days people can not see in my sheild to see my face, makes the helmet look evil!
only down side i would say as the sun is coming up the shade does not cover the whole shield so you can sometimes get a glare a bit on the inside the sun hits it just right... but i like that it does not cover the whole shield cause i can look down and seem my GPS though the un tinted section really easy

ok, thought you may like to know about it, great little product

snapped some pics in my office today to show yall
shield down with tint on
29davt.jpg

helmet on
34694rp.jpg

shield open with tint on
2e0r9ro.jpg

tube it comes in and stores in
s62k37.jpg

Thanks for the review. That's cheap enough for me to give it a whirl. It goes on the outside? I'll need to keep my visor cleaner than I normally do.

yep you just lay it on, then rub out the bubbles with your finger i find the best way to do it is lay it down center and then press it from the center out. works great, any small bubbles you do not even see when you have it on. I even bought one for my snowmobile helmet as well

That's awesome man. Thanks for letting us that didn't even know it existed about it. Gonna have to try it out!

Thanks for the great review.

I came up with the product out of the need when snowmobiling. Trying to wear sunglasses under my helmet was giving me headaches from the pressure from the arms pressing on my head.

Here is a link to our site www.tintashield.com

We also have a brand new product, Tint A Visor, a smaller version of Tint A Shield, check it out at www.helmet-visor.com

Very cool. Problem with the photochromic (Transitions) visors is finding one to fit your helmet, $100+ price aside.

Any distributors in Canada?

i did not even think of using this on my snowmobiles! def going to toss this in with my sled gear!

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the interest. No we dont have any distributors in Canada, but we do ship to Canada through USPS on a weekly basis with no issues at all.

We are running a introductory offer on our new product Tint-A-Visor for the next 2 days, go check it out at http://www.helmet-visor.com/order-now-intro-pricing-1.html

I bought a tinted visor for my hjc helmet. Smoke.

The problem with original posters static cling tint is that it is a a jack of all trades but master of none.

After a while the edges collect dust and bubbles dry out. Fingerprints get on the cling side. The cling material scratches. And last of all when bugs hit it the nornal way to remove bugs I'd pop the visor out quickly and rinse with soap and water. Can't do it with this static cling.

It's just too nice and easy to have a second smoke visor laying around or In your backpack. Most importantly Visors are way more clear.

I know this cling stuff is harder to see through for a fact. I use it on the front windows of my sedan car. I describe it being foggy and blurry. Not good for a motorcyclist.

Back
Top Bottom