New Business Venture, I need you fools help

Ribo said:
I dig them. Pretty nice. Personally I like the logo but perhaps it should be on the side... less in your face. I like the clean look of the first one.

I'll follow it.

Thanks for the follow amigo,
And the big logo is on the back. The front had a small one but its lightly engraved and not filled like in the photo I posted so it's not noticeable until you're looking

I've wondered about doing this myself after seeing a nice little wood housing spun on a lathe to hold a single Bluetooth speaker. Following along, looks like a solid product.

Do you have specs on the speakers?

I am interested in what power they run off. If I can use them here in Aus I will buy a set. Love the dark timber look.

Get a Facebook page up so I can 'share' it to the folks who follow DTT's FB page.

Brodie and Mike,
The electronics inside run off 12V DC.
They come with a transformer to run off 100-240v AC at 50 or 60 hz.

As for actual consumption, I have run one for 32 hrs straight off a car battery, not sure what the actual draw is. I'll try to get my multimeter in there to check it here soon.

coyote13 said:
I've wondered about doing this myself after seeing a nice little wood housing spun on a lathe to hold a single Bluetooth speaker. Following along, looks like a solid product.

Do you have specs on the speakers?

Yep I've got full specs, Whatcha want to know?

+1 on the FB page. I have literally dozens of people I dont know but consider friends that I'd share it with. Seriously though... It's about the cheapest (free) advertising you can buy.

Definitely Facebook. I'm part of a bunch of audiophile groups on Facebook. Easy to reference there. One, Now Playing, utilizes images of media as it's being played. Conversation about what equipment people are using always comes up. I've been asked about my Allison:Six speakers at least a dozen times.

Facebook up and running. Website in the next few days.

www.facebook.com/Hardwoodaudio

They are very cool. Eventually it might be sweet to see a version with some sort of reclaimed wood. They're sexy as they are, but something a little rougher might look better in my shop. :)

krafty said:
They are very cool. Eventually it might be sweet to see a version with some sort of reclaimed wood. They're sexy as they are, but something a little rougher might look better in my shop. :)

Krafty,
In the works. Probably won't go full reclaimed as that's not really my thing, but will probably do faces from something reclaimed. Stay tuned

Figured id post this up I thought it was a good fun fact.
We tested the range yesterday and were blown away.
A commercially available speaker we use for side by side testing had a range of 77 feet.

Hardwood audio?
392 ft

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416582604.588923.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416582604.588923.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 161
Have you tested for frequency range and resonance frequency? How many drivers? Are you doing audition periods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the right pitch you could probably drop a blackbird out the sky from 300ft up. As always there's more money to be made if you weaponize something....

Back
Top Bottom