'74 Honda CL360 Restoration

oldpoo

I joined this site because I intend to build a cafe bike out of two '76 Honda cb750's that I found and figured DTT would be a good source of info . Both bikes are rough, but one has a title, so it should be a good project. Since I retired, one of my hobbies has been to restore the old bikes I've come across. So far I've completed two (74 CL360 & '85 XR100 ) but still have an '80 CM400a almost done, and an '80 Suzuki GS250 in pieces. The cl360 was a barn find that had sat for many years. It was rusty, dirty, you name it, but it was complete and had a title. Here's a pic:

Attachments

• IMG_1501.JPG
    IMG_1501.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 532
Good looking old bike. I picked up a 74 Honda CL360 like this one for my son. Unfortunately it's not quite as nice as the one you have pictured here. Right now I'm scouring the internet for information about them. In particular I'm trying to determine what the compression should be. I saw one post where someone had said about 160 cold or 17-5 hot.

that bike looks pretty clean...compare that to my project start. I'd hate to see you cut that up....that is a good candidate for a restoration.

How about some updates?

Edit: Seems I must of been tired when I read the post....No wonder it looked so good...nice restoration...

mydlyfkryzis said:
that bike looks pretty clean...compare that to my project start. I'd hate to see you cut that up....that is a good candidate for a restoration.

How about some updates?

Edit: Seems I must of been tired when I read the post....No wonder it looked so good...nice restoration...

I totally agree! That is such a clean scrambler and I would just clean it up and enjoy it without cutting it up and turning it into a custom. I feel like custom bikes are built best out of old bikes that are in terrible shape and are.almost dead or close to getting scrapped or crushed. Saving lives is great! But yeah this one isn't too worn out he just needs to hit the barber and get a wash and shave!

Very good luck on this! Great scrambler!

Looks like you also missed the part about the OP already restoring the CL, which looks fantastic btw

Let's see those two rough 750's, might avoid further confusion!

That's what I noticed haha. Looks great too. I was posting from my phone so I couldn't really see due to the small picture.

Back
Top Bottom