The simple life

troybilt

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
As some of you know my oldest son is away at Veterinary school. I've not seen him in months and miss the crap out of him. So yesterday I shot some video to send him. This is kind of personal but i figured you all are family too... BTW the Great Dane at the window is his dog and I think the dog misses him as much as I do. He goes to that window at least three times a day waiting for Jake to come home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpGYAy2N-0c

Awesome - my sister in law has a place a lot like that (smaller, but lots of horses) out in Red Deer Alberta. We visited last summer.

My daughter loved it, but is terribly allergic to horses. She tried riding lessons for a while but it was torture every week so we scrapped that idea.

Aihnoa20090801Summer2009403.jpg

Love that picture Tim! Enjoy em while they're young. They grow up way too fast. You know when I was young i couldn't get within 50' of a horse or a barn because of my allergies. I had it pretty bad. Guess I out grew it?? Maybe she will have the same luck...

thanks for sharing man. I'm away at school too, I know your son appreciated that.

Man that is awesome. Mike told me about the get together in the new year - hope i get to make it down there!

Great vid man - great sentiment

Troy that is awesome!!! when i first left for college my dad called me almost every day, ah ha ha mom had to tell him to let me be... i still talk to him daily and see him almost the same. I have to say, i have worked alot of farms in Missiouri and yours is CRAZY clean man! you got some awesome land there! we are going to Maria's (my wifes) moms a few days before the holidays... 500 head of cattle on her farm... ahh i am sure they will have this city boy out feeding and doing god knows what! ha ha ha... My wife loves it she just rides around on the horse as i drive the gator (i am not really a horse guy)
I am stoked to come by you in the summer for the ride man! going to be a great time! hell i may bring my dog if that is cool? Argos just loves everyone and loves the farm... if only i can get the heeler out of him and stop him from rolling in cow shit!
looks like your boy picked the right field of study with all the livestock... very cool man! had a smile on my face the whole time i was watching it... very cool!

Hey thanks guys. I'm glad you all liked it. The little ones do grow up fast. Mine did in a blink of an eye. Cherish every moment you get.

Hey JFish and others, the get together is still on. Details are not finalized yet but everyone is invited here the week of July 23. We have a three day bike fest going on and also hope to get in some good riding. Back at the house we can do a party/cookout or two and maybe even some live music. Stay at the house, or bring a tent or we even have a hotel 5-10 minutes away. Should be a stellar time. And Joe everyone is invited even Argos!

And Joe thanks for the farm props. I do like it clean and work hard at it but I'm lucky and we have mostly clean animals (I'm not kidding). The Alpaca and Llamas even have a community dung pile. They are very picky where they go to the bathroom and they all go in one spot. As far as Argos the shit hides his scent. In his eyes he is in stealth mode. We are plenty use to having dogs in stealth mode around here, hahaha. He'll be right at home.

Wow, great video. Looks like a beautiful spot, must be an awesome place to live/work.

I had a Great Dane (passed away few years back) and I still miss him. Loved seeing yours, reminded me a lot of mine, thanks.

Awesome vid Troy. My youngest is 2 and I'm already not looking forward to her leaving the nest. ( Right now she's telling me not to press any buttons while I type, it's what I tell her when I'm typing). And beautiful farm.

I moved a lot growing up but my grandparents had the same farm for all those years and I was welcomed no matter what time of day. Show up at 10 at night to get something or fix something and my papa would be right there giving me a hand. Miss that place and that man.

Jay

LOve the stories. Thank you for sharing as well fellas. Really glad you guys liked it. Awesome stuff!
However, I think I gave you guys the wrong impression so I had to go make the video with the hard metal music to fix my reputation ;)

Nah, I just showed your video to my good friend who has a 5 year old son and he teared up a bit... Love is strong brother, and its what runs the world.

i nearly teared up and im 25 without kids lol.....you dah man brotha. i lived in chicago and philly for school and i can tell yah hes lucky to have a dad like you, not many parents would go trough the trouble of doing that. PROPS

btw im gonna steal your danes

Don't know why I missed this video until today. While I was watching it, my 2 year old son came and sat on my lap. He was fixed to the monitor, and sat completely still through the entire thing. Thank you for posting something so personal. It is a remarkable feeling, the love between a father and son.

Back
Top Bottom