DTT BOTM Banner

troybilt

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
Had an idea about the banner and bike of the month. Doesn't need to happen this month but I think it would be real nice if you could click on the photos on the banner and be taken to a group of photos of the bike and the write up. Probably would be best to keep it clean and leave out ability to comment. What do you guys think?

I was surprised that we COULDN'T click on that when I first joined this forum. It is an excellent idea though. Maybe have the BOTM picture large (the way it is now) and then the last BOTM pic to the right of it a little smaller. Would be kind of a history of the Bikes of the Months.

Next year we could have one bad-azz calender ;)!

I think SVRIDER has it set so that there is a link to each build, and the comments stay in each thread. I suppose that way the builders can answer questions about details that could prove to help them win in the end. Disabling comments is cool too, its all gravy either way.

gribbs said:
I think SVRIDER has it set so that there is a link to each build, and the comments stay in each thread. I suppose that way the builders can answer questions about details that could prove to help them win in the end. Disabling comments is cool too, its all gravy either way.
That's a cool idea too. The display thread would stay uncluttered that way.
What I was thinking was once the winner is announced the bike would be displayed in a banner as it is done now, but have the ability to click the banner and see more photos and the story of the bike.

I'd love to do these things, but alas, I have no idea how :p I'll do some learnin' and see if I can make it happen.

The graphic is a GIF file called by the code running the board. I don't know how to make it clickable but I'll see what I can figure out.

Tim said:
I'd love to do these things, but alas, I have no idea how :p I'll do some learnin' and see if I can make it happen.

The graphic is a GIF file called by the code running the board. I don't know how to make it clickable but I'll see what I can figure out.
Tim, if you can figure out the clickable thing, see if you can change it to allow a jpg instead of a gif, would be much better for photos. I'm sure both of these are possible since the http://forums.kz650.info/ board has both of these capabilities and is the same board (i.e. SMF)

Wow that was fast. Ask and you shall receive ;D I didn't expect that to happen for a while but you pulled it off Tim! Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom