CB450 Black Bomber?

Cafebuilder

Its not a Cafe without Clubmans
Anyone heard of this? Just curious as to why a front fender for one of these would be worth $800.

The original CB450s were known as the "Black Bomber". They were an iconic motorcycle and a favorite candidate for restoration. Given that there are only two years of manufacture, parts get pricey.

front fender is cheap

buy a nos gas tank and chrome sides and rubbers for one lol

The Black Bomber is the bike that walked into England and kicked their motorcycle industry into a pit ala 300. Well, it had been heading that way for awhile, but many believe the Bomber was the final death nail.

Its also basically the first "big bike" that Honda brought to the world market. Its speed, reliablity, style and high build quality we're basically unheard of at the time. A real sign of things to come (read: Hondas CB750, Yamahas TX650, Suzukis T500 and so on).

As Rich stated, the above reasons and other have deemed the Bomber a truly iconic machine (not to mention it being one of the most beautiful production bikes ever built).Combined with the very low in comparison to the European and American competitors less eloquent and reliable bikes prices, many were purchased as commuters and simply didn't survive. The general concensus of many American riders at the time (and today) was that the Japanese, amd especially the Hondas, motorbikes were basically throw aways. Ride them till they die and buy another. Not unlike the VWs of the era.

There are so many stories told today by riders of the time beginning with "if I knew how much that old Jap bike I had would be worth today" it's comical.

So, yeah... My 2 cents. Also, no matter how desireable or rare $800 is fucking ridiculous.

surffly said:
You guys should look at sandcast cb750 prices....

Ever price parts for a pre war HD or Indian? Some of it makes Sancast bits seem like Chinese scooter parts.

You ever try to buy human organs? The prices are fucking crazy.

VonYinzer said:
Ever price parts for a pre war HD or Indian? Some of it makes Sancast bits seem like Chinese scooter parts.

Well you know those HD guys will spend ungodly money on things to polish...

surffly said:
Well you know those HD guys will spend ungodly money on things to polish...

LOL agreed. I don't mean to offend any Harley owners but personally I think that all Harley's look the same.

Super rare bikes. I love die for a barn find mint black bomber 450. Price wouldnt matter, I would sell everything I could, including my testicles, ok maybe just one ball...

Back
Top Bottom