Uma, the CB

came outside, stared at her, went out and got drunk, came back and she still doesn't run.

0/10...would not recommend.

i pulled the trigger on a new toolbox since half my living space was filled with tools, acids and other fun things.

i'm just waiting on my petcock to come in the mail so i can fire her up.

so far, next week's money dump involves a li-on battery, tools, tools, tools and possibly a POS workbench from HF.

oh and a trail tech speedo so i know how fast i'm going when it's sitting in my driveway.

Attachments

• IMG_20160529_105717.jpg
    IMG_20160529_105717.jpg
    708.2 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_20160529_120156.jpg
    IMG_20160529_120156.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_20160529_135544.jpg
    IMG_20160529_135544.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 315
  • Screenshot_2016-05-28-23-15-01.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-28-23-15-01.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 1,223
welp, some 4into1 goodies came in the mail today and this is the third time (second with this tank) that i've ordered the wrong. fucking. petcock. do not want.

i drained the delicious two stroke oil/gas mix out and couldn't wait to put the shiny new one on. nope...i felt like a little kid on christmas who asked for an xbox and got a hand-me-down dildo instead. fuck murphy and his laws.

i didn't bother to measure seeing as 18mm was slightly too small and 20mm was the largest petcock the C tanks came with, apparently, i opted for the 20...what a waste of coffee money :/

i slapped the old one on there for now; the same one that probably gave up the ghost around the same time i was born. if it leaks, it leaks...a little fire never killed anybody.

coincidence this bike was manufactured the same year john lennon was killed and led zeppelin broke up? i think not.

on a positive note, that's the only negative thing to happen today and DCC released my gringo from custody last week, but now UPS has grown attached to it and won't move it from their hub. maybe tomorrow i'll have a nice paperweight/motivation to decorate my room with.

i'm too swamped from work to get anything done today, but this little guy showed up in the mail finally :')

Attachments

• IMG_20160601_181240.jpg
    IMG_20160601_181240.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 301
Humorous ramblings and steady progress, of sorts....we're waiting for a fire up attempt of course....I recommend this good shit....

http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Aerosols/Start_Ya_Bastard_Instant_Engine_Starter

Good luck old chap

so, in an effort to coax myself into deleting her for sale posts and for some self inspiration, i finally heard her run for the first time. i'm pretty sure half of the east coast did as well.

carbs are still pissing fuel from the nips. it's like Olympic breastfeeding right onto my already miserable fucking starter cover, but she ran and my hands are still shaking because michael j. fox mod. surprisingly, the throttle response was spot on despite pods and one test set of jets.

i'll do some more investigating as the week goes on and hopefully substitute my routine friday night peepee touch for some saddle time.

note: open kerkers are likely the reason dinosaurs went extinct, helen keller was deaf and they probably could have dropped them on hiroshima instead and saved themselves gas/bomb money.

Leaking fuel out of the overflows? Try tapping the bowls with a screwdriver you may have a stuck float. I had a real shitty set of gaskets on the GS that didn't clear the floats and ended up with fuel pissing all over the place. Drained the whole liter out of the external tank I use. Those shitty paper gaskets can tend to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

adventurco said:
Leaking fuel out of the overflows? Try tapping the bowls with a screwdriver you may have a stuck float. I had a real shitty set of gaskets on the GS that didn't clear the floats and ended up with fuel pissing all over the place. Drained the whole liter out of the external tank I use. Those shitty paper gaskets can tend to do that.

when i "cleaned" the carbs, i didn't really fully clean them; kinda just blew through passages, soaked them, etc. and didn't give the float valves any attention so oops.

i'm trying to justify getting brand new CRs or RSs, so i don't want to really even dump money into this rack right now. they're just a little out of my budget right now, even if they were 90% off :/

vandito.cb said:
i'm trying to justify getting brand new CRs or RSs, so i don't want to really even dump money into this rack right now. they're just a little out of my budget right now, even if they were 90% off :/

Fuck that noise man you wanna ride a motorcycle this summer or what?! Leave the stock carbs on give em a good douchin and set of gaskets and call it a day.

my tail hoop finally came, but no welder :/
anybody in NJ feel like making some quick cash?
PZ62Mhv.jpg

0ZWXZND.jpg

in the meantime, it's a soldering station.
BTD0qq1.jpg

jk it's a headlight bracket.
Jzxw4Wh.jpg

it really sucks that i can't weld this myself and have to find someone who can come to me :/

i wanted to start on glassing a seat already, but it's time to save up for some new carbs too as well as a muffler to shut the fucking kerker up because 1 million decibels.

12" chode can or an 18" quiet one...hmmm ::)

9ULmwId.jpg

please excuse my "caliper"...long story.

I'd weld it up fo free, but I'm in MA so after gas you'd be losing money.

I think it looks good as a headlight bracket.

vandito.cb said:
an hour...far enough that it wouldn't be worth gas/trailering :/

Hah! It took me an hour to go from Laguardia to 52nd and 3rd in a cab (all of 9.5 miles)... My minimum to roll out the welder and weld up anything is $100 for the nobody and a case of beer from a friend :eek:

Tune-A-Fish said:
Hah! It took me an hour to go from Laguardia to 52nd and 3rd in a cab (all of 9.5 miles)... My minimum to roll out the welder and weld up anything is $100 for the nobody and a case of beer from a friend :eek:

if you'll fly to jersey and do it for two 12s of coors light, i'm down.

Back
Top Bottom