Re: Scott's 1974 CB360 project- She is alive!!

Re: 1974 CB360 project- lots of pics and progress - - gimme my parts :(

yeah, started here about an hour ago. I just put my summers on the Forester :p

Today's updates

IMG_6831.jpg

IMG_6832.jpg

Tarozzi rearsets ;D ;D

IMG_6833.jpg

Insured, tagged/registered ;D ;D

IMG_6834.jpg

Re: Re: 1974 CB360 project- lots of pics and progress - - gimme my parts :(

Lookin clean. Drive home sucked, got here and the cover blew off the 450 so all the exposed electrics are full of snow. F! Wife is coming home From Fredericton and called an hour into her drive and was just past gagetown, with studded tires. Anyway, spring will be here soon. You pic reminds me I need to hit the DMV to register for the season.

Keep the updates coming. I wish I had an indoor spot to work too.

Cheers,

maritime

What are people using for a muffler gasket? Honda doesn't have a listing for the lead crush donut.

Those are not muffler gaskets, those are head pipe gaskets. I need muffler gaskets. They look like this

17-4526.jpg

Re: Re: 1974 CB360 project- lots of pics and progress - - gimme my parts :(

I ended up using a liquid gasket, seemed to work ok, 2 seasons in and no leaks yet. Got it at Crappy Tire.

I found the part # 18392-mk4-000
Now I just have to wait for them :mad:

I think my starter clutch is done :mad: , it just spins

Did you take it off the bike?

I did now and fixed it. I may have to replace it though. The springs were all shot and the screws were loose. Works fine now with some new ball point pen springs ;D

When I try to set the timing with a trouble light the light is on when the points are open and closed.... why is that?

The point gap is too wide or you have the light hooked up wrong. I take the light probe end and rest it on the fins and take the clip end and hook it to the screw that attaches the wire to the point. The wire coming into the point area has 12v+ on it and the points closing finishes the circuit to ground. IF it is on all the time, loosen the point gap adjuster screw and manually close it and see if it goes out, if it does you have the gap set wrong. Have you replaced them or at least filed them flat?

On the clutch side of things, most people get away with the pen springs, check your local hardware store, I know mine carries all types and sizes even ones that fit that spot. :D Which screws were loose?

I used 3 pen springs and the three screws that hold the clutch together were loose. That's all fixed for now. I got a new condenser this morn and ordered some fresh points. I am still waiting for my Hondaman transistorized box.

I took my spark advancer apart to clean and shim, now I don't know the proper orientation of the cam lobe, help??

OK, got that sorted by trial and error. Hey, it's 50/50 and I got it wrong the first time ???

SHE'S ALIVE!!! SHE'S ALIVE!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It actually started very easily, won't quite idle without a little choke and there is a flaming popping backfire on the right side. Of course there are no mufflers on it so that may not help and the air filters are K&N cones, all I did to the carbs so far was clean them up.

SWEET!!! Great job man.

It is such a good feeling hearing that sound. Nice looking bike, I like the header wrap. How difficult was it to do that?

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom