Re: Scott's 1974 CB360 project- She is alive!!

Here is my rear brake set up.

P4120015.jpg

I like your rear brake set up much better than the flip arm/bent rod solution.
It should work far better.
I'm going to make a piece to do same on the quick build I'm doing now (needs to be ready by next Saturday for Mods and Rockers 8) )

crazypj said:
I like your rear brake set up much better than the flip arm/bent rod solution.
It should work far better.
I'm going to make a piece to do same on the quick build I'm doing now (needs to be ready by next Saturday for Mods and Rockers 8) )

Thanks, I wasn't completely sold on the bent rod idea either. I just scrounged for a disposable 12mm box wrench, the type you get with furniture etc. and welded it to the stock bolt. Try to find a thick one if possible. You could also retain the stock rear brake light with my set-up but I cut/ground the tab off long before I did this. I still use the spacer but cut off the little hook/arm that actuated the switch.

I just did about 45 miles and it was tough and I found it tiring on the bumps, she's not refined like the VFR ;D

yes, I had beston style and they were too big for my hands= fatigue and almost cramping from the bulbous shape. I got some gel superbike grips from ProGrip and am pretty happy now

whoa, never even thought about that being a contributing factor to my bike being uncomfortable. I always just thought i needed more wind to hold me up, laugh. good to know.

dp9 said:
low-pro grips? im confused, thinner handle bar grips made riding the bike better?

Yep, I've always used 'thin' grips.
The 'anti-vibratio ones make your hands and arms cramp, unless you have hands the size of a bunch of banana's ;D

SpottheDogg said:
Thanks, I wasn't completely sold on the bent rod idea either. I just scrounged for a disposable 12mm box wrench, the type you get with furniture etc. and welded it to the stock bolt. Try to find a thick one if possible. You could also retain the stock rear brake light with my set-up but I cut/ground the tab off long before I did this. I still use the spacer but cut off the little hook/arm that actuated the switch.

Very clever.

CBdublin said:
Nice! rode my bike for about 15 miles today at 65... think my ass bone is still vibrating. Congratulations!

Do you have rear-sets fitted?
I did 60 miles today on 360 at dubious speeds (traffic sucks ;) )
I let a couple of people ride it as they have never tried rear-sets on 360.
Both found them way more comfortable than expected (although clip-on bars were too low ::) )

Back
Top Bottom