DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! New Gold Leaf Lettering And Graphics!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! We Are Building The New Fiberglass Tail Section!

Bozz said:
Awesome as usual, Joey.

And may I just point out what a wonderful example of constructive criticism Teazer gave, and Joey's equally textbook example of the perfect way to receive it.

No one was in any way disrespectful, and all part friends.

Folks, here are two gentlemen who truly understand what DTT is all about.

+1!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! We Are Building The New Fiberglass Tail Section!

youre killin me.i wanna see it done.i was a little skeptical about the frame then came the tank and tail,it works so perfectly.restraint with a wild design.love it

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! Should be starting back up soon!!!!

We had some great progress for a while but funds ran low. Joe and I agreed that we didn't want to "skimp" on this build so we held off until I can get some key parts purchased...... I have a nice set of rear-sets picked out and a set of chambers as well...... Hopefully I'll be able to get them to Joe in the next couple of weeks so that the magic can continue!

I gotta ride this thing this SUMMER!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! The New Billet Aluminum Rear Sets Are Here!

Brother bluesmokey74 ordered the new billet rear sets for the RD350 and they arrived yesterday!

Those rearsets are really really nice. Mind sharing where they came from?

SICK!!!!

teazer said:
Those rearsets are really really nice. Mind sharing where they came from?

Brother Teazer the rear sets are fast from the past products, I am very impressed with their quality and I think that they will really compliment this build!

Junior Burrell said:

Thank You Brother Junior, you know I am a fan of your work as well!

Im running those on the r500 im building they are nice

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! New Photos Of Cylinder Head Work!

bradj said:
Im running those on the r500 im building they are nice

Brother bradj it is nice to hear that you are running the same rear sets and that you like them, they are very nice!

I started working on the cylinder heads today! I still have some more work to do however here are some before and after photos of the combustion chambers! I also built a new cylinder heads page for our website if anyone would like to look at it! http://dwmsracing.com/cylinderheads.html

Nice work Joe. Did you set the squish and modify the barrels to work with thinner RD400 gaskets? Squish is too wide on a stock motor and that contributes to meltdowns.

Habanero52 said:
Very nice Joe!

Thank You Brother Habanero!

teazer said:
Nice work Joe. Did you set the squish and modify the barrels to work with thinner RD400 gaskets? Squish is too wide on a stock motor and that contributes to meltdowns.

Thank You Brother Teazer! I still have the engine sitting in the frame for mock up of the exhaust and the rear sets so that I can build the new mounting brackets, etc. for them both so right now I am just cleaning some of the engine parts that I can until the exhaust gets here. We will not have the new pistons in the engine or do any cylinder work until after I remove it from the frame so I can not take measurements to set the squish until I have completed the cylinder work, installed the new gaskets, bearings, pistons, etc., and centered the cylinder heads to the cylinders. This will be a street engine and I am thinking about setting the squish around .035" what do you think?

.035" is close enough. The issue is that an RD350 uses a 1.0mm thick gasket that sits in a recess in the barrels. That recess and thick gasket have to go if you want to get the squish anywhere close to ideal. Barrels have to be turned/milled and heads really need to be pegged so they can be machined concentric to the bores.

Dale Alexander had a neat way to do that with a three fingered fixture. It shouldn't be hard to adapt that concept.

I cut mine on a mill but a lathe would have been nicer

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! New Photo Of Stainless Exhaust Chambers And Silencers!

Brother bluesmokey ordered a nice set of stainless exhaust chambers with silencers and they were delivered today so I put the suspension and rims on the frame and the cylinders and heads back on the engine so that I could mount the exhaust to the engine and start taking measurements for the brackets I am going to build for the rear of the frame to mount the rear sets and exhaust to. Here is a photo that shows how she is resting this evening!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! New Photo Of Stainless Exhaust Chambers And Silencers!

Those heads look fantastic Joe!

Thank You Brother John!

That is one killer RD, nice work!

Thank You for the compliment Brother suthern, I am really enjoying working on this build with Brother bluesmokey!

DWMS Racing RD350 Build! New Photo Of Stainless Exhaust Chambers And Silencers!

Wow that looks absolutely awesome, I wast really able to imagine how it was going to look, I like that about this build. Keeps me coming back to see the updates.

Back
Top Bottom