DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! New Gold Leaf Lettering And Graphics!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 "Black & Tan" Build! New Front & Rear Suspension Photos!

Brother CarbsAndCylinders the rims and hubs are original we had them powder coated and then rebuilt them with new stainless Buchanan spokes and new All Balls brand bearings and seals. I am very happy that you like the way they look! I am almost finished truing the rims so I should be able to post new photos with the new Avon tires, tubes, and rim bands mounted in a few days. We had a delay on completing the frame so we can paint it due to fitment issues with the original billet triple tree design so I am waiting for the new billet triple tree to get here so I can mount the front end to the frame and build the new steering stops. Once we paint the frame the bike should go together pretty fast so I will be posting a lot of new photos very soon!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 New Avon Front Tire!

I finished truing the front rim so I mounted the new Avon 90/90-18 Road Rider tire, Kenda tube, and a new rim band!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 New Avon Rear Tire!

I also finished truing the rear rim so I mounted the new Avon 110\80V18 Road Rider tire, Michelin tube, and a new rim band!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 The New Voltage Regulator And Rectifier Are Mounted!

Brother Bluesmokey74 sent a new voltage regulator and a new rectifier so I worked on mounting them today! We had a nice space under the rear of the fuel tank where I had already welded a new plate to the frame so I decided to mount the voltage regulator there and I welded a new tab to the rear of the bracket for the ignition coils to mount the rectifier to. I had originally planned on trying to mount them under the tail however there is not enough room there and they should cool better where we have them now, we will also be able to run the wiring under the top frame plate to keep the bike really clean looking!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 The New Voltage Regulator And Rectifier Are Mounted!

Looks great Joe! I know you are just as anxious as I am to get your hands on that new triple tree! All of these little details will finally all come together in what promises to be a bad ass RD! I can't wait to see the final "roller" start to come together!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 New Ignition Switch Mount In The Front Of The Frame!

I am very happy that you like how we mounted the voltage regulator and the rectifier Brother bluesmokey74! The new triple tree is going to be awesome and I can not wait to paint the frame so we can start putting her together!

I worked on building the mount for the ignition switch today, we decided to mount the switch on the front of the frame to help keep the bike really clean! I removed the original mounting bracket from the ignition switch and found a nice bearing race that fit the outside of the switch so I built a steel plate that fits the front of the frame and welded the bearing race to the plate. Once I welded the bearing race to the plate I test fit the plate to the frame with the ignition switch and welded the plate to the front of the frame!

I always enjoy getting a message from DTT that my thread has been updated.

There's always something cool going on when I check it out.

Joe when you said you were going to work on the ignition switch this weekend, I had no idea you were going to make such a nice piece out of it! This is the stuff some other builders just slap on the bike as an after-thought.

You my friend, have an incredible attention to detail!! This thing is going to be something special!

Thank You Brother, I am truly honored to be working with you on such a special project so it is the very least I can do to try and make her as nice as we can!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Billet Triple Tree New Bodywork, Suspension, And Rims Photos!

We had a delay as the first two billet triple trees that we ordered from another vendor were machined incorrectly however Brother Bluesmokey found this awesome billet triple tree from Demon Speed that was delivered yesterday and it is a perfect fit! I had already finished most of the frame work including boxing in the new rear shock mounts that I built, etc. however I have been waiting for the new triple tree to arrive as it lowers the front end so that I could test fit the bodywork, suspension, rims, etc. one more time before we paint the frame to check the clearance between the clip ons and the fuel tank and I also wanted to check the kick stands mount angle, etc. Everything looks good so I can go ahead and finish welding and smoothing the frame and she will be ready for paint! We are going to paint the frame with the Starburst Whole Earth color that we used on the tank, tail, and swingarm! I took some photos while I had all the parts on the frame for you all to enjoy so you can get a basic idea of how she will look!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Building A New Seat Pan With Tail Section Mounting Studs!

Today I worked on the seat pan and mounting system for the tail section some more, we are building a fiberglass seat pan for the tail section and I built in mounting studs that bolt the tail section to the frame as well. The two studs that I put in the bottom of the seat pan go through the tail section and the steel plate that I added to the top of the frame. With this design to remove the fuel tank and the tail section you would only have to remove the fuel lines and the two nuts on the bottom of the studs as the seat pan will hold the tail section down and the tail section holds the fuel tank down! I also added a nut to the back of the seat pan so that we can bolt the rear of the seat pan to the tail section to hold the back of the seat down against the tail section. Now that I have drilled all of the holes and mounted the studs and nut in the seat pan I can add additional layers of fiberglass and it will be ready for the new upholstery!

Beautiful and super clean and functional. Nice job Joe!!

updates? if it were done, BOTM nominee for sure

Thank You for the compliment Brother raptormeat! It would be a great honor to have the RD350 nominated for BOTM!

I have been working on finishing the frame work, I built new steel gussets to go where the front down tubes meet the new side frame rails and a new brace to go between the lower rear engine mounts and welded them all into place. I also added a new brace to the back of the kick stand mount and finished all of the welding on the frame so it is being smoothed and painted right now! As soon as the paint work is completed on the frame I am going to start the final assembly of the bike so I will be adding a lot of new photos for you all to enjoy very soon!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 The Frame Is Painted!

The frame was painted yesterday and we got it back to the shop today! I still have a lot of detail work to do before I am happy with the finish however I thought you all may enjoy some new photos!

Here is one more photo of the frame here at the shop today, my Daughter Jessica said this is her favorite photo of the frame so I thought I would share it as well!

It is a very pretty color Brother Maritime!

I installed the front suspension, Paolo Tarozzi clip ons, front rim, etc. and the rear set mounts, rear swingarm, rear shocks, chain guard, and rear rim yesterday. Today I shimmed the swingarm and my Brother Daniel and my Daughter Jessica were both here so they helped me install the bottom end of the engine in the frame!

Now that all the parts are in, I'm so looking forward to seeing this master piece come together! Super nice job Joe. These final stages are when all of your attention to detail will truly show!

joeyputt said:
It is a very pretty color Brother Maritime!

I installed the front suspension, Paolo Tarozzi clip ons, front rim, etc. and the rear set mounts, rear swingarm, rear shocks, chain guard, and rear rim yesterday. Today I shimmed the swingarm and my Brother Daniel and my Daughter Jessica were both here so they helped me install the bottom end of the engine in the frame!

Wow great work man! I'm still trying to figure out how you got the bottom end in there! Do you tilt and then drop in from the top? I have a hard enough time not scratching powder coat putting an engine in normally haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom