DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! New Gold Leaf Lettering And Graphics!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 The Frame Is Painted!

I went to see Brother Joe's shop to drop a project he's doing for me. Saw this bike in person. Pictures are great but it's even better looking in person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You for the compliment Brother 1sttimer! When I designed the new side rails for this frame I left enough room for the bottom end of the engine to go in the frame underneath of them. We installed the engine from the left side below the new frame rails, the front engine mounts on the frame and on the engine are curved so we align the mounts so that the top frame mount aligns with the curve below the top mount on the engine and make sure the lower rear engine mount is just above the lower rear frame mount and the bottom end goes straight in from the side and drops into place!

Thank You Brother Habanero52, as always your compliments mean more to me than you know!

Brother Meteoric it was very nice to have you here at the shop! I could never Thank You enough for your compliments and for putting your trust in us for your build, I know we will both enjoy working together on your project as well!

Not trying to brag or anything, guy.. But I helped put in the swing arm and the engine. Being the mechanic's daughter has it perks :) That's for sure. Thanks for all the wonderful comments and support. It means a lot to me and my dad! -Jessica

Dang Joe, you must be a pretty stellar dad for your daughter to pick a screen name like that.

He is one of a kind Jessica. You are very fortunate!!!!!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 The Engine Is In The Frame!

I am definitely feeling the Love here today! Jessica you make me so Proud every day and I always enjoy our time together! I Will Love You Forever Angel!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Brother JohnGoFast I am a very Blessed man to have such a Loving Daughter, I have always tried to be the best Father that I can however I am not perfect and I still try to learn every day how to be the very best man I can be. To be honest Jessica has probably taught me more than I ever have her as she is truly an amazing young lady!

Brother Habanero52 I am the fortunate one to have such a loving Family and you my good Friend have also taught me several positive life lessons and I could never Thank You enough for everything you have done for all of us!

Jessica, Dad, and I all worked in the shop together today and we finished assembling the top end of the engine so we took some new photos for you all to enjoy!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 The Engine Is In The Frame!

Holy moly!! I'm married so I mean the bike of course.

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Mounting The Electronics And The Stainless Exhaust Chambers!

That is funny Brother ABCanuck! I have two Beautiful Daughters so I am always watching the boys when they visit the shop!

Today I started to install some of the electronics including the ignition coils, voltage regulator, and the voltage rectifier which are all mounted under the fuel tank so that we can keep the bike looking really clean. I also mounted the new exhaust manifolds and installed the stainless steel exhaust chambers!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Mounting The Electronics And The Stainless Exhaust Chambers!

Oh heck yes. Gorgeous.

joeyputt said:
Today I started to install some of the electronics including the ignition coils, voltage regulator, and the voltage rectifier which are all mounted under the fuel tank so that we can keep the bike looking really clean. I also mounted the new exhaust manifolds and installed the stainless steel exhaust chambers!

Perfection as always Joe!

Crazy

I love how this project is coming out Joe! This is truly turning into the world-class bike we hoped for, when we started. You are a perfectionist and I am benefiting from it! BIG TIME!

I’d swear that even the two voltage regulator mounting screws are lined up at ’12-oclock! Lol

No really! They are!

Your attention to detail is 1st class.

I do have to ask though - is it just a trick of the photos or is one exhaust longer than the other one?

Thank You all for the compliments Brothers, I could never put into words how good it always feels to hear that you enjoy the work that we do! You all truly are my inspiration!

Brother Bluesmokey it has been an honor to work with you on this project, you put a lot of trust in me and I could never Thank You enough for that my friend! You know I am a perfectionist and to be honest I am very rarely ever happy with a lot of the work I do as I can always find a way for it to be a little nicer! I am also definitely very eccentric especially when it comes to timing bolts, etc. Hahahaha! You can not see it in the photos however the bolts that hold the back of the chambers on have numbers on them and they are also timed so that the numbers read correctly on each side! I even time screws when I put photos on the wall in the shop so that they are like a cross and if you look closely at my screwdrivers on the wall behind your bike you will see that they all face so that you can read the word Craftsman on the front so one of my Brothers likes to turn them different ways when he visits the shop because he knows as soon as I see them I will fix them all!

Brother hillsy the headers are the same length however the right side always looks longer in photos, I may need to check that!

I will post all the before and after photos of the bike when it is completed however I was looking through some of the photos a few minutes ago and I thought you may enjoy seeing these together Brother Bluesmokey!

Who knew, getting rid of that reflector changed the whole look! Lol

Now I am going to have to talk you out of that reflector so I can put it and your quote with photos of the engine in the shop! Hahahaha!

I was just wondering how the bike was coming along and let me just say I am pumped at the progress! This bike has to be the nicest piece or art/fabrication I have seen in a long time. Tastefully done and practical. You are one lucky guy Bluesmokey and Joe as always you are a blessing to this biker building community my friend. Can't wait to see this one in person!!!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 New Final Assembly Photos!

Thank You Brother Casi85, as always your compliments and support mean more to all of us than you will ever know my good Friend!

I have been working on a lot of the small details and installing parts that I need in place to finish building the last few parts for the bike. I installed the new reed valves and intake manifolds so that I can rebuild the carburetors and install them as I need to see how much room we have for a custom air intake that we are planning on building.

I removed the rear wheel and inspected everything one last time before I permanently mounted it and everything looked good so I also finished fitting the new rear sprocket to the hub and installed the new drive chain and the custom chain guard that I built.

Once I had the drive chain in place I installed the clutch pivot on the sprocket cover with a new clutch cable and installed the new rear sets and all of the linkage for the shifter and the rear brakes.

This afternoon after I took the bike off of the lift so that we could set the fuel tank on the bike and turn the handle bars so that I could mount the new steering stabilizer and check for clearance.

While I had the bike off of the lift I set the tail section we built on the frame and took her outside to take these photos and I thought you all may enjoy a new photo of the whole bike so you could see how she is resting this evening!

Back
Top Bottom