Newfoundland road trip

Bandito

I'm planning on heading out east to Newfoundland can't decide if I should go to St. Anthony's or head towards St. John's. I'm looking at purely the driving experience and Vistas. Wondering if anyone has done either trip

Deer Lake to St Anthony, one road there, one road back 9 hours plus each way, you wont see anything you wont see between Port o basque and St john's. Don't drive at night and don't drive in the fog, over 850 vehicle engagements with moose each year.

Almost ashamed to say not sure how much help I'm going to be :-[. I've lived here all my life and haven't done much exploring of the province at all. I know the Avalon Peninsula quite well but I've only been across the island once and that was just a straight run to get the ferry. If you have any specific questions though, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to get you any answers.

Will you be on bike or in car? The main highway can be pretty boring, but there is some fantastic riding all along the way, lots of twists and turns and elevation changes with lots of great scenery.

Back
Top Bottom