71 CB350 Project (Sold!)

Re: 71 CB350 Project (SHE'S ALIVE!!!!)

I like the skateboard idea!

Paint that rivets black, you can see them in the fender ;)

Nice job so far! I would like to know the info on the battery your using. I see it came from Battery Plus. Do they have a web site or can you furnish a phone # for them. I would like to purchase one like yours. Also if you need a throttle cable, check with www.speedmotoco.com. They have a custom made cable available for the mikuni carbs that uses the stock throttle handle bar assembly.

wow thats looking nice! i like the paint on the tank.

Thanks all,

Sorry its been so long, my wife and I are in the begin stages of building our house. I got the design down, but we are meeting with the architect and builders,etc.

I have taken a short little rides around the neighborhood, and gotten her up to 60mph no problem. But I have to order a few rear spokes and get my new tires and tubes put on before I do any real riding.

I redid the seat and a couple other minor things. I try and get some pics up soon.

adriannarnold said:
I have taken a short little rides around the neighborhood, and gotten her up to 60mph no problem. But I have to order a few rear spokes and get my new tires and tubes put on before I do any real riding.

sounds like your mikuni's are working for you with the 145 mains? i'm jealous that you're actually at the point of it being rideable! nice work!

Hey. Nice build. What size pilots are you running, and what needle setting are you on? My VM's I am running a 130 mains, with 22.5 pilots, and needle in the middle position. It feels great from 5.5upward, but slightly hesitant under 5.5K.

Nice job, where did you buy your carbs? I didnt read the whole thread in case you already answered that. Thats a cool color combo and your skateboard seat idea is probably gonna get used alot.

well i stole one idea of yours (vm30's) should have em later this week and the board idea is great too. hmmmm...

nobrakes,
I will have to double check my carb settings. I haven't had much time to really focus on tuning them yet. Right now I am just running 145 mains, and left all the others as they came. Once I start really tuning I will let you know what I do.

fartyhead, I got my carbs from phatperformanceparts.com. Thanks for the compliment. Also, have at it with the skateboard idea. I got mine from Walmart for $9 and added a couple $$ worth of camping pad, and a few $$ worth of vinyl. It turned out better than I thought. I will post pics soon.

dano,
good choice on the mikunis. What little adjustment I have done to them has been super easy. Make sure you throw some good inline fuel filters (paper, not metal mesh).

Here is a couple pictures.

Not a lot has changed except that I redid the seat with much firmer foam (camping pad), put on the shorty mufflers( I really like how they turned out) and got the title ad registration all taken care of. I am getting my new tires and tubes put on on Friday morning, then I should be getting really close.

21ee41da.jpg

71da53dc.jpg

55c20cd3.jpg

Sorry for the iPhone pictures

and the pea shooter muffs. that seat looks a lot better. not that it didnt before but definitely improved. good job man. just pull those ape hangers off and you can call it a cafe ;)

Good call,
I didn't realize I hadn't put any pictures up with them on. Yeah, I ordered some black clubmans, should hopefully have them soon.

Here is a few most pictures in her most recent state.

Got my knobbys on. Put my mirrors on. Started doing some tuning to the carbs. She is getting really close to being my daily rider now. Have some fork boots in the mail. (To compliment the knobby tires)
I have to adjust the rear brake a little, and do some more fine carb tuning, and get some tank emblems. Phase 1 is almost done!

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg
photo3.jpg

wow looking really good! your in the austin area right?

Yeah SW Austin.
Just have some minor tuning left then off to get my license so I can start cruising around on this sucker legally.

you should hit up the monday bike night at the draught house pub, love to see this in person. nice work.

yeah man, its like a cafe tracker with those knobs. looking good.

Thanks guys,
Yeah I plan on hitting up that bike night as soon as I get this thing finished up. I'll let you know when I do. Do you go, or have you been to it?

Alright,

Should pick up my clubmans today. Also ordered some 37.5 pilots and 130 mains for the carbs.
Has anyone put the 176 bleed style needle jets in their VM's? If so, did you just get like P-2 or P-4 right in the middle of the rich lean spectrum?

Threw on some fork boots too. (Thanks again djelliot)

Back
Top Bottom