750 Bol D'or needs some sexyin'up

MarcelM

hi guys&galls,

I am Marcel from the Netherlands. My dad gave me this nice piece of history; a CB 750 Bol D'or with a 900 engine ( he blew the 750 )
As you can see...it is not a chick-magnet.
To be serious; i want to make a nice bratstyle out of it. I have got a few questions and I hope someone can help;
- what other mag-wheels would fit in without a lot of work?
- which rear shocks could i mount? I want it to be lower in the rear, approx. 2-3 inches.
- i want to change the tank for a cb550 tank, something like that; does anyone know of a tank that would simply fit the bike without cutting/welding?

thank you and have a good weekend,
Marcel
the Netherlands

Attachments

• Honda CB 1.jpg
    Honda CB 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 442
it looks better from a distance than it really is. I have lowered the frontforks and took off the seat, just to get an image how the stance would be.

Attachments

• Lowered.jpg
    Lowered.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 359
Nice bike!

I would just paint the wheels black and keep the rims bare, then clear coat them to stop the corrosion.

I wouldn't touch the rear shocks, just lowering the front is going to change the geometry enough without messing with the back.

You may be better looking on a Honda forum about the tank.

Personally, I would remove the aluminium foot hangers to make it more 'retro'.

Good start though. The front fairing you removed must be worth a few bob, try selling it to fund some parts?

good luck and enjoy!

hey
i have put the complete fairing for sale; could't even get € 50,- for it...but then i will just keep the original parts.
Maybe someone will need them in the future.

I have also picked up this oldskool set a few months back; ugly but beautiful!

Attachments

• kuip klein.jpg
    kuip klein.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 289
another pic of the fairing; visor is broken, but i got a spare one.
Fits right into a Mad Max-movie.

Attachments

• kuip 3.jpg
    kuip 3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 270
You can fit a cb650 tank on, that has a flatter bottom line which I assume is why you considered a Cb550 tank. I pretty sure the front mounts are the same but the tanks are shorter so you would need to do a little fabrication at the rear mount.
The CB750KZ tanks are about 50cm shorter so dont looked as stretched out as the Bol D'or tanks but again need a little work at the back to fit.

Keep the updates coming, I'm about to start 1982 CB900FC so need some inspiration.

Surprised you couldn't get more than 50e for the fairing, Did you put it on ebay Germany? The cb parts usually get money there. A top without the lowers went a few months ago on UK ebay for £125.

Back
Top Bottom