it's a bitch!!!!!!!

bradwsm

Been Around the Block
DTT BOTM WINNER
So the wife goes out of town so I decide to do a little work on the bikes!!!!! Pretty good little sunday I had going! Work on the little race bike, get it done. Have it sitting in the car port on the rear stand, all is well. Get done with the vf, decide to roll it out and take it for a spin to see if my adjustments worked out, as I am backing it out I see that it will be a tight fit through the car port because the other two bikes are out there, instead of taking the 2 seconds to get off and move the race bike, I decide to frogger it through, bumping the front tire and nocking it of the rear stand!!!!!! there she lay on her side with the stand tangled up in the swing arm! Son of a bitch!!!!!! It been over 20 years since I have droped a bike, but luckily no major damage, just need to straighten a few things and a minor little chip in the paint. But damn it, it sucks!!!!!

It happens to the best of us. Last week I almost went down at the pump. I put the kickstand down and caught it on my pant leg and didn't realize it, the kickstand went back up as I was setting it down. Managed to keep it up though.

Dropped my GL1800 on a busy day at the gas pumps at Deal's Gap. Jumped up and asked to all in general "who's got the video? Come on, I'm not doing it again!" Then picked it up and rolled to the pump. Just glad I'd let the wife off first!

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Nothing like dropping or almost dropping a bike to get the adrenalin flowing. The helpless foot scrabbling for traction. A humbling event and a reminder just how quickly things can happen.
When the garage gets out of hand, I have caught myself moving a bike hoping I don't step on a piece of cardboard or catching a foot and getting out of rhythm.

Has happened to me as well. Put the center stand down my boot for some reason. Decided to pull it out and the bike went over and pulled me with it. Everyone was watching. First time I went riding with that group as well.

Did that on my cb750, slapped the kickstand down and somehow it bounced back and went back up, I leaned and luckily the bike had a nice cushion under it instead of the pavement, aka my left leg. I started swearing and trying to shimmy out from under it, what did my buddies do? Laughed...and laughed...and laughed.... bastards.

A guy I know admitted to just walking away from his bike at the pump. No putting the kickstand down, just get off and walk away. ::) To be fair, he just started riding and he paid something like, 150.00 for the bike.

rays650cafe said:
A guy I know admitted to just walking away from his bike at the pump. No putting the kickstand down, just get off and walk away. ::) To be fair, he just started riding and he paid something like, 150.00 for the bike.
Just say "I always park that way!"

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

back in the day before breath testing a drunk mate cruised up to a party all smooth like on his 750 and forgot to put the stand or his feet down and he and the bike just fell over in slow motion... we have never let him forget and that was 30 years ago

Back
Top Bottom