Softail bobber

''Got a couple hours saddle time today'' ? :D on snow??

hoping to test ride my cyclop next week :D.. neighbours gonna hate me so muuch!! :D

thats cool then :).

i have just one question:
whats the wheel base of your softail?
it does look quite long.
mine xv is 155cm( 3cm longer than the standard 750).

I cant recall off hand. I measured it once, think was around like 70 inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

She is llllooonnnngggggggggg!!!

003-96.jpg

This Bike looks awesome! I was thinking of doing something similar with an 82 Virago 750. Would I be able to mount a SSA to that frame and make it work?

Thanx diab. As fas as any swinger is involved it comes down to a few basic things. 1. Measurement of the frame opening compared to the front of the swinger. 2. Pivot bolt compared to pivot bolt hole. 3. Chain offset. You overcome these things and any swinger will work.

Man this thing sounds bad ass with the baffles out!!!!

Several guys have advised there will be a big power loss if I run her like this though, so back in with the baffles. Just wanted to hear it!!! 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEIBqiRrqak&feature=player_detailpage

it will be fine if you do lolly pops about 4" in, that will offer a bit more pressure and the power loss will be minimal... that is basicly what BCT baffles are with a reducer as well, that should work for you and let you still rattle the windows of the neighbors cars hahaha

What is a "loly pop" bro???

The baffles that were in there were like 6 inches long with no wrapping material, just the metal tubes with the holes. Not much to them, but what a noise difference takin them out!!! ;D

basicly a washer welded to a nut, here are the ones i made for my dads bike, i ran 2 on his as the stock baffle was huge as you can see and wanted to try and knock down the sound a bit

542223_10151682529443073_1126098013_n.jpg

1186232_10151682529343073_114135858_n.jpg

485452_10151682529648073_641309597_n.jpg

CTluba, If you want to run straight pipes it is recommended to install some pipe baffles. Somethings like this will do the trick.
30-0216a.jpg

Whilst still not as good as a muffler they do help to break up the exhaust pulse at the end of the pipe. The problem with running straight pipes is that once the pulse reaches the end of the pipe some of the pulse starts to head back toward the engine. This is not that much of a problem until the speed of the pulse matches the exiting pulse, usually around the mid rpm range. At least that is my understanding of it.

The monster needs a new back tire.....ya know what that means!!!!!!!!!

Some important observations:

Difficult manuever on a ten foot long bike with an open primary!!

Note the tape on the left pant leg, trying to avoid the leg getting sucked in!!!

This is the same t-shirt from the CB burnout video from 2 years ago. 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8oOvKe-FJc&feature=player_detailpage

I like the "open-ness". Have never had any problems with the open primary yet. Just taped the pants because you have to sort of use your legs to get the bike to do the "donut". Figured that may cause an issue. :eek:

I sure was at Rice-O-Rama, great time!! ;D

Looks like I may have gotten the last ride of year Sunday. It was about 20 degrees. I went down to Kent. There are usually a buch of bikes there on Sunday Mornings. I was the only idiot!!! I was there a little late, around 1:00pm.

I am lookin at about 3 inches of snow in the front yard. Probably pull the battery tomorrow. :(

Lol! That cough at the end made me lough loud! :D . I had to watch it couple of times more! :D
<thumbsup>

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Was pretty crazy going through the pics, because I didn't expect that, but I have to admit that I really dig it. Completely different and it works. Cool stuff man!

Back
Top Bottom