1977 GL1000 Double Deuce Hell Ride

Meanwhile, I'm just stuffing mine into corners, closets, under awnings and scattering them around the yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My shop space is stating to get limited.

Got the following non-runners in there right now:
XS850
CT90
Puch Maxi
CJ360
CL360
CB750C x2

deviant said:
Meanwhile, I'm just stuffing mine into corners, closets, under awnings and scattering them around the yard.

that's Eastern Appalachian roadside modern art if it's sitting in the yard.

Ha. An old man taught me that once you accumulate enough, the wife quits noticing.

A year ago this Sunday I got married and moved into a small 3 bedroom house with a 1 car attached garage, which is full now with 2 1/2" bikes, a couple mini bikes and a 79 fiat spider. I started to roll my GT250 in the back "mancave" room and that's where my wife drew the line haha I am convinced though that shop size doesn't matter. However much room you have, you will fill it. My dad has a 60X70 barn that is full of snowmobiles, and we even had to start putting up pallet racks to store em on. He talked about building another building for "storage", but my mom shut that down pretty quick

Well, I bought this tank without a cap. This isn't exactly the most common piece out there, and I've yet to find an aftermarket replacement. So, with my $50 gift card to Dime City for volunteering at Ace Corner I took a chance on this aftermarket/universal jawn. I had to pull out the burr bit to notch the tank and chamfer the inside ring if the cap.

3a93f20d97ce04319d5c6eba7e9eae08.jpg

a10b14d8d6cd6022a97b76c7e2af8c5a.jpg

Voila! A fitting cap.

a5f82dd6c0a3b00083018ea383f465c2.jpg

The rubber seal on the cap fits to the tank, but that top of the cap is too high from the tank. I'll get Mr E to machine a beauty ring to take care of that.

6020e2a5a4d78b7fabae239844c28d20.jpg

Haha! That's great. I very seriously would like a side hack for this ride.

That Duc tank is growing on me for sure, I see some Kawi ZR1 init, but with the seat butting right up to it you wont have a side panel extend under the tank so ?? Air scoops, patch panels, pop out 50cal mini gatlin guns???

Tune-A-Fish said:
That Duc tank is growing on me for sure, I see some Kawi ZR1 init, but with the seat butting right up to it you wont have a side panel extend under the tank so ?? Air scoops, patch panels, pop out 50cal mini gatlin guns???
Ha. I have had the thought of putting a turbo on this thing. Air intake scoops could work there. I'm thinking I'll fab up either a coolant tank or a separate reserve fuel tank to fit in the notch. I've also considered storage of some kind, or an electronics box. Either way, I'm going to fab some side panels that integrate with the tank and fit all the way to the rear tail piece, which lacks it's side panels. The rear tail piece will be keyed and act like a mini trunk.

deviant said:
Ha. I have had the thought of putting a turbo on this thing. Air intake scoops could work there. I'm thinking I'll fab up either a coolant tank or a separate reserve fuel tank to fit in the notch. I've also considered storage of some kind, or an electronics box. Either way, I'm going to fab some side panels that integrate with the tank and fit all the way to the rear tail piece, which lacks it's side panels. The rear tail piece will be keyed and act like a mini trunk.

a hunderd years ago on another planet i got a ride in a friends bmw issetta... that the crazy fucker had lashed a blown wing motor into, it was all done up fabbed suspension links and wide tars...i never got in a vehicle with that guy again, nearly shit myself as the helpless passenger :-X

Are you gonna retain the fuel pump or do you plan on just running gravity feed with that tank?

john83 said:
Are you gonna retain the fuel pump or do you plan on just running gravity feed with that tank?
I'll use the fuel pump. I don't know how it would affect fuel delivery to try to delete it. I'll plumb some metric pipe fittings in the two holes where the original petcocks went.

I would imagine a delete would run it lean for sure with that many cylinders. I know the big twins are prone to lean running at higher speeds on just reserve or low fuel in the tank.

That fuel pump works at such low pressure you might get away with gravity but retaining the pump probably isn't a bad idea either.

not real absolute but doesn't the pump just bring the fuel up over the carbs no t really a "pump" but more of a lift station? :eek: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom