JBM Diaphragms- Problems?

crazypj

Split personality, I fake being smart
Hi all,
I'm trying to find out how many people have had a problem with JBM diaphragms?
I know a few of you have experience of his piss poor customer service
Full story
For several years I've recommended JBM for replacement diaphragms but recently have had a major issue with his 'warranty period'' BS
As many of you know, I do a lot of carburettors, particularly 'mods for pods' on CB350~CB360
I had a pair of diaphragms sent to me with carbs,not a problem, used 'hundreds' Well. this time there was a problem.
I contacted Paul at JBM, sent details of a few different diaphragm purchases, keep getting 'out of warranty' response.
One diaphragm started splitting a few days after fitting, from the top and bottom inside edge. (see pics)
If both diaphragms (and the one I've had sitting in drawer since ~2016?) were bad I would think it was age related. As it's only one of three, I know it's a faulty part.
He totally refuses to deal with the problem?
I cannot recommend any part where seller is so cavalier when there is a genuine issue it just isn't worth the gamble of wondering when it's going to fail. It would have been far easier to fess up and say he knew about a 'bad batch' or even couple of bad ? (I have no idea how they are made but if I have to find out I'll start making better quality ones)
If you have a CB360, the carb slide isn't parallel where diaphragm fits but has a 'step' where diameter changes from 0.~980" to 1.044~45"
I machine step away to a nominal 1" so diapragm won't be 'twisted' (stressed) when fitted.
He advertises as OEM spec or better, pretty sure they will not last 20~30+ yrs when they can't last 4~5 days in some cases

Attachments

• CB360 carb slide top-step.jpeg
    CB360 carb slide top-step.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 200
  • CB360 carb slide top-no step.jpeg
    CB360 carb slide top-no step.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 205
  • JBM-faulty 1.JPG
    JBM-faulty 1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 198
  • JBM-faulty-2.JPG
    JBM-faulty-2.JPG