The long ride of a few misfits

And for the record any and all of you who can join in on this trip, the better it'll be. Jared's snoring will most certainly be getting old no sooner than the end of day 3.

Re: Re: Re: Re: The long ride of a few misfits

Kanticoy said:
We will see who is hating on the beemer 500 miles into this trip while I am sipping champagne and smoking a cigar on my lay-z-boy bench seat!
No hating on the Beemer here brother. As a matter of fact I am already planning on trying to con my way into logging a few miles on it! Maybe if I promise to pack some breathe right strips to help with the snoring.

This is the first time in my life that I have regretted living west of the Missipissy. :'(

This sounds like an E P I C trip. 8)

As you guys know, I'm a stones throw from Von. You guys (and possibly gals) are more than welcome to stop out and use the showers, 3/4 acre for camping, 4 car garage, etc if need be. The doors are always open.

That being said, depending on the timing of everything I would love to meet up with the group and get some riding in as well.

Well crap it might be a bit of a detour but, we got a spot down here in FL. Oh and the roads suck but, the fridge is always full of cheap beer. Have fun dudes.

If you're doing Rich in MI, come down through Indy. There's a group of us here that would certainly entertain and fill full of booze/food. Also there's some awesome historic riding just south of Indy that can pretty much take you to Kentucky right on over to Lexington where Logan and red river gorge is at. One road is considered a top 10 before you die.

Just a thought :)
Keith

Tifun said:
If you're doing Rich in MI, come down through Indy. There's a group of us here that would certainly entertain and fill full of booze/food. Also there's some awesome historic riding just south of Indy that can pretty much take you to Kentucky right on over to Lexington where Logan and red river gorge is at. One road is considered a top 10 before you die.

Just a thought :)
Keith

I did that route on my way back from KY without using the interstate and it was absolutely breathtaking - chasing the Ohio river was some amazing riding over a couple of days, and staying off the highway showed me some long curvy roads through Indiana.

And if you're doing me in MI let me know so I can freshen up

Thanks for the road tip Tifun. And Rich don't worry about freshening up too much, I doubt we will be very fresh!

I'd just like to say I've been trying to justify jumping on to this trip since jenn told me about it... that's all :)

Well Travis, Jenn, guess ill have to get my passport updated then...

And honey you know I'm gonna need new matching luggage ::)

If I could swing the days off required I'd ride to Bama and then ride the whole thing with them!

Re: Re: The long ride of a few misfits

Mr.E said:
Well Travis, Jenn, guess ill have to get my passport updated then...

And honey you know I'm gonna need new matching luggage ::)
Cool!!! And I have to update my passport as well.

Having ridden south through the US from Toronto many times I suggest that you cross at Fort Erie (Buffalo), as there is less tolls and opens the door to more secondary roads through NY state. You can circumvent Lake Ontario but crossing at Gananoque, ON but you'll be faced with 3.5 hour of boring freeway riding to get to Toronto, unless you run HWY 2 along the lake, but that will double the time to travel the same distance. Keep us posted on your route and timeline.

cqyqte said:
Having ridden south through the US from Toronto many times I suggest that you cross at Fort Erie (Buffalo), as there is less tolls and opens the door to more secondary roads through NY state. You can circumvent Lake Ontario but crossing at Gananoque, ON but you'll be faced with 3.5 hour of boring freeway riding to get to Toronto, unless you run HWY 2 along the lake, but that will double the time to travel the same distance. Keep us posted on your route and timeline.

This is good, but if you want roads less traveled etc. come farther North cross in Maine and come through NB into Quebec then on to Toronto. there is my house on the way! Ride through NH and Maine white mountains on the way. Not as grand as the rockies you road earlier this year but nice roads and nice people. IF you can go that way I will ride south and meet you too in CT or NY or MA.

Re: Re: The long ride of a few misfits

Rich Ard said:
I did that route on my way back from KY without using the interstate and it was absolutely breathtaking - chasing the Ohio river was some amazing riding over a couple of days, and staying off the highway showed me some long curvy roads through Indiana.

And if you're doing me in MI let me know so I can freshen up
Tifun, RichArd. Can you give me some more details on this route? Road names, hwy #'s and such?

Back
Top Bottom