The long ride of a few misfits

Step one: Have two full days to go about 400 miles

Step two: periodically, check to make sure that you are going in the right direction.

That's really all I did. I went Northwest from about Lexington KY until I could see the Ohio River, then I followed that until I ran into a city, crossed the bridge, and went North to Indy. Then I took a County road going North from there until I ran into Michigan.

cyclefreak said:
That sounds like a great way to plan a ride. Just go!

I gotta say, it was a couple of the nicest days of my life, and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Re: Re: The long ride of a few misfits

hc243102 said:
Hawks nest/New river area has some nice roads.
Just checked out the state park website for this area. Looks awesome, thanks for the tip!

Re: Re: Re: The long ride of a few misfits

cyclefreak said:
Just checked out the state park website for this area. Looks awesome, thanks for the tip!
this will be an epic trip! I so look forward to it. Guess I need to get a bike together so I dont have to walk

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I'm not sure if you'll be able to squeeze this all into a 10 day round trip.

http://goo.gl/maps/A2A1U

Birmingham, to Pittsburgh, to this:

DSC08181_zpsa024bfa0.jpg

DSC08179_zps0b44df26.jpg

DSC08168_zps5e118028.jpg

DSC08171_zps802adc9f.jpg

DSC08161_zps20080b20.jpg

Three years ago I went out west and rode down the pacific coast on my bike. It was one of the most unforgettable things I've ever done. Wish I'd had some good company with me but spending that kind of time alone on the bike can be therapeutic too. I'd love to tag along but I'll still be in school so it'a probably out. Perhaps if your start date falls just right I could ride through GA with you.

If you go through north Georgia Hwy 136 over to Dahlonega is really pretty.

It's an open invitation - I expect to see people show up. It's Alabama North.

Jussy, it would be great to have you along for the ride. Kiley especially, he will have another Beemer rider to stop by Starbucks with.:))
And Tim, 10 days is an estimate for now, but we are definitely going to have all the fun we can every minute of the trip.
John thanks for the route tip. If you can tag along even for a few hours that would be cool.

When is this epic journey tentatively planned for?

I'll make sure I'm free and will join you guys for a few days heading whichever direction out of Toronto you're heading, or I'll ride to wherever it is you make it to that is closest.

Probably looking at the end of April or early May. And I have to admit I am becoming more and more fond of the BMW's. Just don't tell Kiley that, the snob jokes are just too funny!

That would be good timing for me - will work to make sure the weeks in that time frame are clear for takeoff. Could be a little wet up here - when I rode to the Spring Thaw in May I left in rain / thunder and cold. But it was awesome all the same.

I will keep you updated on the timing. Oh, and congrats on the cottage. No doubt many great memories with the family will be made there! And a few this spring!

Curious if y'all are still planning to make this trip. I'm ready to get down in Toronto. Maybe throw a bit of a night at my shop.

Even though my bike is currently in one-million pieces and I probably can't get enough time off of work I'm also curious to know if this is still a go since I live near the departure location.

Back
Top Bottom