The long ride of a few misfits

Yes this is still on. As of now the plan is to leave the Birmingham Alabama area on May 15th or 16th and proceed to the spring thaw in KY. From there we will be headed north with stopping points in West Virginia and the Pittsburgh area. I haven't completely finished the details so I can't say how far north we are going. But I am almost finished with the details/route. And should have it posted up soon. Thanks to everyone for the interest, I am looking forward to riding along with as many of you that can meet up with us along the way!

Well that means I need to make the thaw for sure then. Maybe I should ride down, then ride back northward with you guys and then peel of easterly a few days later. I really need to figure it out. I think I have 4 days vacation so I can leave Thursday and arrive Friday night in KY, then have tues and Wed to get home Monday is a holiday here so that one is free.

Yep. I am about 1200 miles from the thaw. And like I said before if you want to come my way I can put you guys up at my place and some other family sites around the Maritimes

Unfortunately, due to time constraints I am sure we will not be able to make it all the way to Casa de Maritime. At best we will make it to Toronto.

Thought so. I am a bit out of the way LOL. I may still be able to ride to TO with you guys though and then head home from there. TO to my house is a long one day ride

We would love to have you ride along as many miles as you can Mike. But right now there is no guarantee we will make it all the way to Toronto.

that doesn't matter, the general direction you guys are heading is more or less on my way home from the thaw. I can go north until Toronto, then east, or north until you guys have to turn around then north east. So it looks like I should just get the GL ship shape and invest in an Airhawk seat and just ride it. I can do 700 mile days without getting tired and if I have to pull a 900-1000 so be it. The riding with you guys will be less miles, more twisties and scenery so it won't beat me out.

Hmmm.....May 15th. Wonder if I could pull off finishing the bike by then. Probably going to be an issue of funds, not time.

cyclefreak, based on the map in your profile I think I live 5-10 miles from you. I live back behind Fred's in Moody. I'm only about 1.5 miles from Kiley.

Re: Re: The long ride of a few misfits

jwdmotorsports said:
Hmmm.....May 15th. Wonder if I could pull off finishing the bike by then. Probably going to be an issue of funds, not time.

cyclefreak, based on the map in your profile I think I live 5-10 miles from you. I live back behind Fred's in Moody. I'm only about 1.5 miles from Kiley.
Ha, I am not far from you at all in Odenville.

In case you guys are swinging down near my place on your way back, there is this for the bearded yuppie.

The BMW Zentrum (museum) at the BMW plant here in SC.
2-BMW-Zentrum-Center-Aerial-0900-366x244.jpg

bmw12.jpg

bmw-historic-motorcycles.jpg

It is mainly cars and is no Barber Museum, but it has a bar.

I highly recommend the accompanying plant tour if they are running and available. I think you have to reserve a spot ahead of time.

Flug, Jenn, I can assure you that being in your neck of the woods is definitely in the plans for the return leg of the ride!

Due to new model production, BMW’s factory tours are currently suspended. Tours are expected to resume in the Summer of 2014. The Zentrum Museum will remain open during this time.

Well, there goes that idea.

Holy rising headlights batman! this sounds epic!! Might have to look into meeting up with yall! Im planning on doing a week trip when I graduate from college witch would be about the same time as yall will be going! I looked into going around the grate lakes around the same time but I would be camping by myself, the avg high in thunder bay in the middle of May is around 55 for the high and 30 at nigh... Not ideal for a solo camping trip. So iv been looking at going different places but knowing yall have a group up I might have to meet up with yall for a little of the ride!

Im just hopping my little xs400 is up to caring me and my kit 1000 miles!? Anyway ill be following the planning for this trip!

So how about an update misfits? Good to see everyone at the Thaw. Been thinking about y'all and wondering how the ride turned out.

Back
Top Bottom