Gauging interest for hard-tails...

look up the old amen savior frames... i have a line on a complete cb350f in a 70s amen savior plunger frame for $300. waiting to hear back from the guy...

Evening guys,

Just wanted to throw another update out there... This past week was a good one for the current CB/CL bobber movement. :)

We've partned with a local award winning custom bike builder to design and produce the line of CB/CL hard-tails. No names to mention just yet but I can tell you that the quality will bar-none be the best you will find.

The beta CB450 frame was welded up this past week and is going for blasting and powder coating soon so as promised, photos will be available shortly.

For those of you interested please keep the emails coming.

At this point the CB450 will be the first available tail. Shortly after will be a CB750. Given the jig system we are building we can quickly and easily mock up any model frame sent to us.

This was one of the biggest factors in partnering with this specific custom builder. With his partnership we have the ability to fab a 1st time frame in about 4 hours (vs a couple weeks for us as we sit now) and can build 3-4 frames per day for models which we're already jig'd up for.

As you can imagine this really opens up the road of possibilities. We're already sketching a custom 450 bolt-in board tracker style frame along with a dual down tube Cafe frame... Granted, that's off in the distance and we have lots more to do before then but we're well on our way.

Keep the feedback and ideas coming guys, we work for you.

Jason & The DCC Crew

cookiemonster said:
I'm soooo ready to see some pics!

Beta frame has been coated guys... It's sitting on the bench right now waiting to go back together.

We should be starting reassembly tonight. I'm just waiting on the new Firestone Deluxe Champs we ordered (4.00x18 and 4.00x19) to arrive. We want to give you guys the full Monty instead of just a raw frame shot.

Keep an eye on the board this weekend. There will be pics. ;)

J

what would it cost to make a one off hard tail? im debating bobbing my cl175 and not sure if i should go the route that troybilt went or if i should go for a rigid frame

I hadn't considered that option, might be worth a look. I've got one worked up in Solid Works that pulls off 'The Look' pretty well. I'll be able to completely remove the rear "sub-frame" portion and weld a tubing 'loop' that'll mimic the shape of the seat I'm using.

You hit on one point that I wrestled with...the top portion where it should join the frame if it were really a hard tail. I'm still refining it but at this point it looks pretty good. I'll end up machining my own short shock body and shaft and I'll use a spring form a local spring house here in town. Still working on what 'weight' to specify, but the shock internals and shaft donor are one of my R1 take offs. I'm presently looking at 2.5-3" of compression travel at the settle point and about 1.5" of droop. Won't be plush by anyone's standard but it'll be better and more realistically ride-able than a real hardtail.

HeyMikey said:
No pics yet?

Coming....

We're just finishing the exhaust this afternoon. I figured you guys could wait a bit more to see the entire bike on the ground. ;)

Trust me. You won't be dissapointed.

Soon..

J

forcefanajd said:
lol whatd you have to mine the iron to make the steel to make the hardtail? jeesh, im getting antsy

No. We had a hard-time getting all the JB weld to setup.

Ho ho.

....alright

here's a teaser shot boys

dcc450tail.jpg

thewingdpiston said:
....alright

here's a teaser shot boys

fyi the site is squishing the image. dl it to your desktop. set it as your background and you'll get a clean image.

forcefanajd said:
fuck me.....that thing is GORGEOUS

"We aim to please."

We're working with our buddy Greg on the exhaust. In order to get the bends we wanted (you'll see soon enough) we couldn't work it here. We had to use his mandrel bender.

I'll post more shots soon.

J

Back
Top Bottom