82 GS450E Scrambler from Aus - Done!

That's good news.I saw the vids posted over on GS resources and it makes a big difference.I noticed that when the slides lag the engine stumbles or hesitates when the throttle is applied.If the slides move up in sync with the throttle being applied,then it's instant throttle response.At least this is what I have gathered from my observations.It could be totally wrong.

Ben... yep that's pretty much it. I don't whack full throttle open very often but it's definitely better than it used to be which was to bog down. The main win for me after all this is the transition from a closed throttle used to be very jerky, now it's pretty smooth. And of course when winding her up she now has much more gusto than before :D

Rich... beginning of May here, so that means about 8 months more of riding season this year... then starting next January will be another 12 months of riding season ;D

peteGS said:
Ben... yep that's pretty much it. I don't whack full throttle open very often but it's definitely better than it used to be which was to bog down. The main win for me after all this is the transition from a closed throttle used to be very jerky, now it's pretty smooth. And of course when winding her up she now has much more gusto than before :D

Rich... beginning of May here, so that means about 8 months more of riding season this year... then starting next January will be another 12 months of riding season ;D

That's why I followed your lead on the spring cut.Worked like a dream.

Sounds like you are on the warm side of town.

Cool... yeah the coldest it gets in winter is probably not much under 10 degrees celcius, so layer up and it's year 'round riding :)

I think there were three days last year where I wished I had winter gloves...

Back
Top Bottom