Bridgestone M2/SS 200cc Motorcycle Restoration! She Is Still Winning Awards!

Re: Bridgestone M2/SS 200cc Motorcycle Restoration

Can't wait to see it done, beautifull restoration. :)

Wow Joe she's really coming together! Can't wait to see her all done :)

I can not wait to see her done either Brothers, we are getting close!

Today I worked on a lot of the small parts for the Bridgestone, I did not take photos of everything I worked on today however I did take a few to share!

You have to love the quality of vintage motorcycle parts, this throttle control is metal instead of plastic like modern ones! It had a lot of rust so it was one of the parts I cleaned today.

000_00252-1.jpg

I started to clean the horn assembly however I thought I should test it first and it did not work, I just happened to have the same model horn saved here at the shop so I took the electronics and backing plate out of it and rebuilt a horn using the Bridgestones original bell and she sounds nice now! I also cleaned the horns rusted bracket and mounted the horn assembly to the frame.

000_0030.jpg

The front engine mounts are now on the bike, the top front bolt is still loose as the skid plate that I have not restored yet mounts to it as well.

000_0021-1.jpg

I also restored the bracket for the center stand stop today, it had a lot of rust so I cleaned it and sealed it with shark hide before I installed the new rubber bumper and mounted it to the frame.

000_0022-2.jpg

000_0046.jpg

You're the man Joe... 8) !!!! You had the parts in the shop to fix the horn which is amazing! Can't wait to hear the horn honk and the engine purrrr!

Thank you Brother! The horn that I had that was the same as the one on your Bridgestone was from a Yamaha CS1, that motorcycle actually looks very similar to your Bridgestone as well. I spent some nice quality time with her this afternoon so we will be able to hear her run very soon!

Brother casi with the bikes you have in your stable she ig going to have a few good sisters!

Brother Justin I am happy that you like her!

We have been waiting for the new wristpin bearings to come in and they were delivered this afternoon so I was able to assemble most of the top end today!

Brother casi found this nice pair of cylinders and had them replated.

000_00012-1.jpg

000_0006-1.jpg

These are the new old stock pistons.

000_00123-1.jpg

This photo shows the new rings, wristpins, wristpin bearings, and clips.

000_0019-1.jpg

Here are the new cylinder head and cylinder base gaskets.

000_0023-1.jpg

The top end is now completely assembled except for the cylinder heads, here are a couple photos of how she is resting this evening!

000_00292.jpg

000_0035-1.jpg

Beautiful work Joe! This bike has to end up in magazines. It'll be the nicest Bridgestone on the road!

@vonYinzer: that is the plan once she is completed. I have been trying to get in with Bridgestone but they seem to have no interest in their vintage motorcycle history. I want to make sure Joe gets the accolades for building such a beautiful bike for us to all enjoy! I plan to bring her to all the local shows as well to create awareness not only of the Bridgestone motorcycle heritage but also the amazing work that Joe at DWMS is capable of!

Had no clue it was a two stroke until I saw those barrels! Top notch brother.

Brothers as always your words are truly inspiring and I can not put in to words how much your encouragement always means to me. I never got in to this business to be famous, on tv, or in magazines, I simply enjoy returning antique and vintage motorcycles to their former glory and am truly blessed and honored to be provided the opportunity to work with Brother casi on this build to help create his vision, if she were to make it in to a magazine for others to enjoy I am sure it would be her honor and Brother casi definatley deserves it as he is a truly honorable gentleman.

Brother casi I did not know that you were making contact with Bridgestone, I would think that they would be very interested in one of their motorcycles!

I spent some time working on the engine and installed the rotary disc valve guides, rotary disc valves, rotary disc valve covers with intake manifolds, crankshaft collar, oil pump gear case, oil pump, and a new oil pump line today!

000_00023.jpg

000_00053-1.jpg

000_0007-2.jpg

000_00032-1.jpg

000_00043-1.jpg

WOW!!!!!!
Joe, you deserve all the recognition possible for being such a dedicated restorer and awesome person!!!!!!!

I have to admit that the Rotary Valve design on this bike really gets my blood boiling as I have never owned an engine with this style valves before. :p

Keep up the great work Joe and I will keep digging on Bridgestone and other places to make sure this bike gets the attention it deserves!

Looking good as always Joe! Doesn't look like it's too far away from finished...

Thank you again for your kind words Brothers, this has truly been a very enjoyable build!

Today I installed the clutch assembly as well as the pinion gear and the timing idler gear. The left side engine cover internals are complete and as soon as I receive a couple small pieces of hardware such as the generator o-ring, etc. I will be able to complete the right side engine cover internals as well!

000_00044-1.jpg

000_0010-1.jpg

000_00162.jpg

000_00253.jpg

wow very impressive has to be one of the fastest builds on here lol well done mate she looks awesome. like new

Thank you Brother! To be honest I really thought I would have had her completed by now however she will be ready very soon!

Today I started blasting the cylinder heads so that they will have the same natural finish as the cylinders, I am still working on them however this is how the head for the left side looks so far.

000_0033-1.jpg

000_0045.jpg

000_0036-2.jpg

000_0040.jpg

We are going to blast the inner side covers of the engine to give them a nice natural finish and polish the outer side covers so I also started blasting this cover for the left side of the engine.

000_0028-1.jpg

000_0037.jpg

I'm starting to run out of superlatives ;) Hell Yeah!......

They are coming right along... as for the bad head with all the pitting I was able to score a used one so you should have it in the next few days. Sorry you had to clean up a head that we wont be using. I guess the metal from the early 70's was good but not when left in New England weather for 30 years untouched!

Back
Top Bottom