Bridgestone M2/SS 200cc Motorcycle Restoration! She Is Still Winning Awards!

Re: Bridgestone M2/SS 200cc Motorcycle Restoration

These controls look just as good if not better than the NOS part I sent you!

Brother casi I am so happy that you like the controls, I tried to match them as closely as I could to the new old stock one you sent! Dad came by today and we spent some good quality time working on the Bridgestone togethor this afternoon, we installed the handlebar controls that I just finished restoring as well as the new grips, throttle cables, and choke cables that you sent!

000_00143-1.jpg

000_00165.jpg

000_0018-1.jpg

000_00212-1.jpg

Those handlebars are filling up nicely! All's they are missing is some brake cables and a strong wrist to twist the throttle!

Brother I love how simple and clean the controls are on this bike and I know a guy that will enjoy twisting the throttle! Hahahaha!

I disassembled the mufflers last night and started restoring them today, I worked on the left muffler first and still need to restore and install the three stainless heat shields however here are a few photos that show some of the work I completed today.

These photos show the condition of the bare muffler when I started and after I restored it.

000_00034-1.jpg

000_00213.jpg

Brother casi sent new chrome tips and seals so I assembled the rear of the left muffler.

000_00047-1.jpg

000_00242-1.jpg

000_0027-1.jpg

The left muffler had two rust damaged areas on the bottom and one on the rear so this afternoon I cut out one area and welded in a new piece of steel to repair it, I still need to finish smoothing the area I repaired today however this is how it looks this evening.

000_00102-1.jpg

000_00132-1.jpg

I spent some more time working on the right muffler this afternoon and was able to cut out the other two rust damaged areas and weld the new steel pieces in place, I still have more filling, smoothing, and shaping that I am going to do however here are a few photos of how the muffler looks this evening.

000_00102-1.jpg

000_00303.jpg

000_00193.jpg

000_00354.jpg

Awesome work Joe! Those pipes are going to be spot on when you're done, just like the rest :D

Thank you Brother! The work to restore them has been a little time consuming however I have been enjoying it!

We straightened, cleaned, and sanded the three stainless steel heat shields for the left muffler, I still need to polish them however I bolted them to the muffler to check their fitment and to see how they would look mounted.

000_00015.jpg

000_00083.jpg

Well now I know what kind of bike my tank came off :)

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

Brother Tim that is definately a Bridgestone tank, they are really nice tanks with a beautiful shape!

WOW JOE! Those pipes are going to draw so much attention and envy for scrambler fans. They look so good I am not sure I want to run exhaust through them :p !!!!!

@Tim - what do you have the tank on for a bike? Looks like a Bridgestone 200 RS tank. I love the style of the tank as it has more than one body line and has knee grips too.

casi85 said:
WOW JOE! Those pipes are going to draw so much attention and envy for scrambler fans. They look so good I am not sure I want to run exhaust through them :p !!!!!

Brother I can agree with that as you already know how much I love these pipes! I can not wait to see them mounted on the motorcycle!

I have also been working on restoring the skid plate over the last few days, after I removed the rust I found that it had a lot of pitting however it was very solid so I dedicated the extra time to smooth it which was also a little time consuming as the plate has several rails stamped into it. I was able to spray it with primer today and still need to wet sand it one more time before paint however I took a couple photos that show how it looks now.

000_00014-1.jpg

000_00033-1.jpg

000_00016-1.jpg

000_00025.jpg

Ok, I just went back to the first post to refresh my memory... I'd forgotten those pipes were high pipes! Definitely tasty! Dunno what it is about high pipes but I just love 'em... but you can probably tell that by my GS...

And nicely done on that skid plate Joe, I really like how you're taking the time to make sure each piece is dealt with to the same level of detail, it's very impressive work.

I'm astounded by how well the skid plate cleaned up!

This build is becoming one of those that sets the standard for others to aspire to.

Crazy

item.JPG

Its about lunch time and I need a plate to eat off... can you send me this one. It looks so clean I want to eat off it!

Brothers thank you all for your kind words, they truly are my inspiration!

The original fender for this motorcycle was pretty rough so Brother casi located a replacement that had brackets in nicer condition and a stainless steel fender. The mounting brackets were bent a little so we straightened them and Brother casi had them rechromed, the stainless fender had a couple small dents in it so we straightened them and have been sanding and polishing it as well.

I trued the front wheel and forks to the chassis and mounted the fender on the motorcycle last night so that I could finish adjusting the brackets for the final fitment, today I finished the final assembly of the brackets to the fender with new bolts and installed the new mudflap that Brother casi sent with the mounting plate that I restored. After I torqued everything down on the fender I removed it one last time to clean and inspect it. I am still hand polishing the stainless steel however I can complete the polishing on the motorcycle so I mounted the complete fender to the forks with the original hardware that I restored and installed the speedometer cable this afternoon.

000_00072-1.jpg

You all know how much I love before and after photos! I still have a little more work to complete before the front end is completely done however I thought I would go ahead and share these!

frontrim.jpg

000_00084-1.jpg

000_00125.jpg

unbelievable, truely amazing as always.

Where did you get this brand new bike? Joe, you da' man!!!!

Brothers thank you so much for your kind comments and support and you all being here to enjoy this build makes me very happy however I can not take all of the credit as Brother casi and Brother Habanero have supplied a lot of very nice parts to work with and Brother casi has a beautiful vision for what he wants for this motorcycle, we are a very family oriented shop and my Father, Brother, Wife, and my youngest Daughter have also all worked on this motorcycle so I am very blessed! No matter how many engines or motorcycles I build and share here you all always support and encourage me and it truly means more to me than you will ever know, I will never forget that and will always be grateful to have such loyal Brothers!

This bike has so many cool features and one of my favorites is the look and design of the factory steering damper, Brother casi sent a lot of nice parts to rebuild this one so we installed the damper on the bike.

000_00027-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom