1966 Honda Benly C95 Restoration - putting the puzzle back together...

Re: 1966 Honda Benly C95 Restoration - March 30 2009

That really sucks didnt buy that screen when circuit city went under LOL, no really I cant wait to see the Mooneye idea Cokers are toooooo expensive. Pics soon I hope. Duro's are nice tires I like the classic line for anything bobbed.

Got my wheels back today with the fresh Duro's on them. They do look nice - pretty much identical to the original treads, just missing the white stripe.

Nabbed these on eBay. Might have been a bit more than the cost of re-chroming the old ones, but these are new and I can sell my old ones now :)

Still collecting parts and getting ready to run it. Wheels are on with fresh rubber (although they don't appear to have balanced the wheels - something I noticed after I installed them). Also bought another gas tank on eBay. Both tanks I have suck ass. One is rusty inside and the petcock mounting bolts are completely seized (got the petcock off thankfully) and the other tank has been repaired a lot on the bottom and needs more repairs.

Got a perfect dent-free rust-free tank with nice side panels for $60 + shipping so I'm happy. Would have cost most of that to fix one tank or clean up the other one. Neither was worth painting, so it's good to have a perfect clean original tank. Will put these NOS panels on it, the NOS tank badges I got and will use the best pair of tank knee pads I have.

Got my signal and brake light lenses in from Thailand, and have all new cables being shipped along with a NOS gas cap and the solo seat from Thailand as well is on the way. Once those are bolted on it's ready to ride.

You need to find the biggest guy you know, and get pics of him riding that thing. Like an elephant ridin a peanut LOL. Would be hilarious!! Can't wait to see that thing with the new bits installed. Especially that seat man. Going to look awesome!

I have two friends at work that are well into the 300-400 range. I'll put them both on it (or maybe I'll haul the old parts bike to work for that photo-op).

super-fat-man-on-a-scooter.jpg

Got the seat in today from Thailand. Actually much nicer than I expected. Looks to be decent quality and it fits like a glove. You can see the bolts that will secure the support to the frame just under the bracket. The front mounts to the stock front seat bracket on the frame. Fits perfectly there too and is hidden under the tank.

CA9520090413006.jpg

CA9520090413008.jpg

CA9520090413012.jpg

Re: 1966 Honda Benly C95 Restoration - April 13 2009 - Seating arrangements

Got my 3rd tank in yesterday. Great solid dent/rust free tank. Should be perfect. Just need to finish the petcock rebuild bolt it on and fire it up.

That's a nice seat... Is it repro?
coming along nicely

Yep - made in Thailand, along with tons of other repro C95 parts. Gotta be selective when ordering their stuff. The plastics are pretty cheap. I'll likely order a set of mufflers from Thailand as they're $120 shipped for a pair and are apparantly decent quality.

hows the build going i have been looking for c95 and i think i may of found a cheap parts bike to start me off if all gos well hard to fined in the uk i will doing the single seat to how will the the rear mounting point mount to the seat/frame ? nice project you have there :)

Hey Tim,

So my wheels are from Coker tires, I got the white walls - They were good last season, still look sharp as well - Little to no fading.
I scored an extra tank (Completely clean and red) from a guy I traded some parts with when I took em off the bike.
Also, I have lenses, and bits that Im not using from the 305 if you need something let me know as they shared similar fixings.
I also have spare levers, etc...

Let me know if you want help with the motor, I am very familiar with them at this point...

-Slice

any updates on this one, I've got a ca95 on the back - back burner. I'd love to see some finished pics of this one.

Hey guess what, nearly 2 years later and I've torn back into this project. Just took the bike apart (engine still in frame till tomorrow) and hopefully will find someone to paint the red bits black, polish some aluminum and chrome some steel next week.

Was trying to start the bike, confirmed 30 psi in the cylinders, so apart it comes. Will rebuild the engine while the other bits are getting prettied up. Slap it back together and off she goes. Wife is taking her full motorcycle license course next month - she has a 49cc limitation on it now as she took the scooter course. But she likes this bike so it's hers.

Re: 1966 Honda Benly C95 Restoration - May 2012 - Break down for paint

Nice. Going to try and get jill on a scooter to start too.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Well it's totally broken down, ready for paint, polish and chrome. Might try for a better front fender as this one is a little tweaked. This is some seriously thin gauge metal.

We will want to see pics of this. Any tips on the wiring? I too have a ca95 on the back burner. Looking forward to the time i'm back on shift and have time to work on MY projects.

Well, everything on mine worked before I took it apart - signals, starter, horn etc. So I'm sticking to stock everything in terms of wiring. You can buy new harnesses out of Thailand but I have no idea how good they are.

Dropped the cylinder head and cylinders off for a valve job, fresh bore for the +0.25 piston kit I had with it and the engine cases are being bead blasted. Will polish up the other bits, rechrome some of it and hoping to get the sheetmetal bits back from paint soon. It's all being dip-stripped and powder coated white.

this is going to look so baller man! love the all white, wifey is going to love it!!!

Back
Top Bottom