Pw50 Christmas or bust

I didn't realize that those were a shafty. ???
That brings one to the top of the list for the new Granddaughter. No need to worry about various and sundry, clothing items, fingers, toes etc. getting involved with the chain and sprockets. ::)

Exhaust is on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 252
Did you go with a new cylinder kit or did you just re-ring your o/s bore?

Be careful test riding it when you're drunk - you'll probably snap one of the shocks......ask me how I know....

For the sake of running outta time I rehoned the big bore jug but I'm not sure it's staying till spring the bike just HAS to be a rad in a few days.

After I give it to her we're gonna work on it together on the weekends. So she is gonna help figure out decals she wants. I'm tapped financialy so getting her involved will serve 2 purposes. One she will appreciate it if she has some blood in the game and I can have a few more weeks to get money together

Sweet. Is it the 2t or 4t version? Looks like a 4 but hard to tell from the photos.

Thanks Hillsy, I could have sworn there was a 4t.
Not to derail the thread but what is the difference between the standard and the zinger model?

Yamaha make a TTR50 which is a 4 stroke. It's electric start and a fair bit heavier / slower than the PW.

Not sure what you mean by standard and zinger models??

There was a model called a zinger. Seemed to be a tuned version of the standars PWs. But that is for another thread.

This one is about an epic Christmas gift.

I think zinger is just another name for it I've seen it a lot in my parts hunt

Any chance I can get a 3 year-old on something like this next year? ;) I can wait to get these girls on motorcycles. I hope you post some pics of the first rides.

Just saw this.

bradj said:
Pulled it apart and repainted the frame and cleaned up everything the lower triple was trashed and one of the rings was missing off the piston. Soooo I orderd a 50cc piston only to find out my bike had a big bore kit installed. WHAT FUN

Seems like shit is always annoying in that way when buying parts in anticipation for what you plan to do. Where did the original ring go, disassembled and missing when bought?
4eyes said:
I didn't realize that those were a shafty. ???
That brings one to the top of the list for the new Granddaughter. No need to worry about various and sundry, clothing items, fingers, toes etc. getting involved with the chain and sprockets. ::)

Great point on that.

deviant said:
Any chance I can get a 3 year-old on something like this next year? ;) I can wait to get these girls on motorcycles. I hope you post some pics of the first rides.

If the child can ride a bicycle well, then I don't see why not. But if a bicycle isn't something your daughter can handle yet, I'd say no. Just my 2c

Drey6 said:
If the child can ride a bicycle well, then I don't see why not. But if a bicycle isn't something your daughter can handle yet, I'd say no. Just my 2c

You can get trainer wheels for them

PW50_A.jpg

I'm gonna try to build a set of training wheels. Not sure if I'm gonna mess with it befor Christmas or not and drey this bike is from the early 80s and it's had a lot of hands in it nothing looks torn up but that's not to say every wrench that's been on it was held by a brain scientists

My experience is training wheels make for a poorer rider in the long run. Start on a pedal or push bike with not training wheels until they can ride, then move to the motorized version. The muscle memory to keep balance doesn't get developed right. Also, check in your area, the big commercial bike shows have the Yamaha riding academy, usually free with admission and any kid 6-16 can get instructions and ride around a course of hay bales, my son did it and learned enough to hop on the next dirt bike he had access to and ride all day. I posted vids on here of it, it was worth the 15 to look at all the bikes I can never afford new.

Back
Top Bottom