Well, huh... I just might be a dumb-ass.

Hoofhearted said:
Lets do it right for the kid.

Just kidding. The Garelli mini bike with a 50 or 100 cc engine would be perfect. Better with an automatic clutch. One less thing for a 9 year old to worry about.
Hogslayer!!

Anything you could trade for that thing? So the $$$ could go towards the trip?....i have traded old cell phones for motorcycles so you never know .....

No, and most of my stuff is down in California anyways. If I had my old iPhone up here I'd try that though... shoot.

Just wanted to keep you guys posted. Isaac won the People's Choice by a landslide! I sent an email to his mother, to let her know.

There's been a delay in announcing the winners, as I'm trying to contact one of the contestants to possibly offer a third prize.

We'll be showcasing the artists and their designs for the next month, on the contest page, with polls for each shirt to help us choose shirt styles for each design.

It's been a lot of fun, I hope you guys enjoyed it, too 8)

Hey Des, you can send it to Killman Customs, but I need to get 'em printed first! lol

I'm going to let folks give me feedback on what style shirts to use for a few weeks. I'm thinking 3/4 sleeve baseball shirts and ringer T's. Looking for something that I'd actually like to wear around. Might even do up some hoodies and hats if there's interest.

By the bye, kid's mom says he's ridiculously happy that he won. You guys had a lot to do with that ;D

Killman, I think I have a spare taillight (or two) around here somewhere. I'll take a look this weekend and post up. If you like what you see, I'll custom fab some LED internals for it and drop it in a box to ya ;)

Redbird, I have absolute faith that whatever you come up with is going to be great!

All right. I've got my winners, I've got designs picked out for most of the shirts, and I'll be posting pics, and putting order forms on the website soon as I can get some mock-ups from the shirt-maker/printer. I need to figure out how to blank out the construction paper background from around the bike and lettering. No point paying extra to print that as an extra colour.

I'll be taking orders until the end of the month to do a bulk run, so the shirts should be in by around Valentine's Day, CAD $25 per shirt. Gotta see if I can figure out a cheap way to ship to clients via Canada Post, buggers want to charge parcel rates, even just in an envelope.

I'd need to sell 50 shirts to break even on these things, got about 10 pre-orders so far. I'll be looking back in the thread to contact the folks that said they wanted one. Seriously though, no pressure.

Today's the big day. I'm heading out this afternoon to give the boy his prize money. From what his mom tells me he's gonna lose his mind ;D

You got it Todd.

Well the contest page has been updated with results, the winning designs, pics and bio's of the winners and shirt ordering links

http://www.killmancustoms.com/t-shirt-a-palooza.html

I'm working on Photoshop to turn Isaac's design into a usable form. I'll have pics of his shirt mock-ups too, as soon as I can get them presentable. Whole contest was a lot more work than I figured on, but one helluva good time.

If anyone's got any questions, comments, or advice, feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks everyone!

All right Dudes and Dudettes. Mock-ups are done, online ordering is ready to go, and I'll be giving individual shout outs to the folks that expressed interest in tshirts. I'll add pictures of the actual shirts when I get proofs back from the printers. Here are the links to the shirt section of the online store, this week's blog post, and to the contest page, in case anyone is looking for more info.

http://www.killmancustoms.com/store/c9/Gear.html
http://www.killmancustoms.com/blog
http://www.killmancustoms.com/t-shirt-a-palooza.html

Here are pics of the mock-ups for Isaac's design:

And here are the other shirts we'll be putting out:

Be good to put up a parts list for the small guy build, I'm in for digging in the pile for anything I can contribute.

RD :eek:

That's a great idea Tune-a-fish. We haven't got anything yet, though. There's local annual vintage motorcycle show right by where he lives. I know the guy that puts it on. Going to see if I can give it to him at the show, should blow his mind ;D

Speaking about bikes for a little guy, do you guys think he'd be able to handle this?

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/FREE-1979-DT125-frame_23830342

Looks like I can send them Small Packet Air for $11.50 CAD, or with Tracked Packet for $18.00.

If anyone knows of a better option, I'm all ears.

Anyone got some 33 mudders they can spare? I'm going to be in Nanaimo the second week of Feb., and this looks like a good candidate...

"Awesome vintage & collectible early 70's Honda Z50! ,running well when parked a handful of years ago. Only missing headlight, gas-cap & exhaust trim. Small dent in gas tank & tear in seat. New tires & tons of compression! ,A little love & she'll Roar again!! $650 ,or trade for best 15" 33mudders (even better on offset jeep 5x4.5 rims) located in Nanaimo (Vancouver Island) Thanks.."

Back
Top Bottom