1/64th Scale

ApexSpeed

Thought you guys would like this—found at a local Target. I thought it was a new release, but apparently it's a 2013 model. Kinda surprised about that, but regardless, it's the latest addition to my desk of toys...

Hot Wheels Speed Seeker Moto

hotwheels_cafe_001.jpg

hotwheels_cafe_002.jpg

hotwheels_cafe_003.jpg

It'll corner like a bag-o-rocks with those tires. ;)

That's pretty cool. Haven't seen too many over the years. I picked this and a couple of others up about 45 years ago. Alf hagon's blown J.A.P. dragbike. All out of proportion but cool none the less.

Anyone build any of the Protar race bike models? They were amazing in the little details.

teazer said:
Anyone build any of the Protar race bike models? They were amazing in the little details.

I'm seriously glad these are 1) sold by mostly foreign sellers on eBay, and 2) very expensive if found in the US. Otherwise, I might have some issues with the wife.

Thanks for turning me onto those, they are really cool, even in diecast form.

doug

Sweet, Hotwheels has some pretty sweet bikes out right now. That one you have and the Ducati 1098 are my favorite. This is my classic bike.

Fr_Gus said:
Sweet, Hotwheels has some pretty sweet bikes out right now. That one you have and the Ducati 1098 are my favorite. This is my classic bike

All of those beautiful little Ducatis are calling me like a moth is called to black light bug zappers.

I built a lot of Protar models way back. Gave them all to a nephew when I moved. I didn't think they would survive the move. I bought these little die casts about 50 years ago. Thought they were cool. Still do.

Sweet die casts Hoof. All the speedway bikes need is a small amount of fine dirt to create ambiance. And maybe a Castrol R candle creating the right smells.

i think they are cool. Little tiny J.A.P. engines and all. I suppose they need a miniature oval with fine dirt. A long time member of a club I'm in (Road Runners) died suddenly a few years ago. He raced a car at Bonneville and El Mirage. I got a couple of his trophies from Bonneville One is a streamliner in a perspex cover. It has "salt" and the black line and is just plain cool. I love it.

I'm not sure if its the Bluebird. Might be a stylized version. The SCTA have used that car for their trophies for a long time.

I was collecting these from Maisto for a short while...
FullSizeRender_zpsc99f2c6f.jpg

Mainly because of the Hayabusa. It's the exact color/scheme as the one I had. But I also loaded up the Christmas tree with them one year :)

Back
Top Bottom