Rolled the civic last night - Back on the road!

Re: Rolled the civic last night - now what?

Big Rich said:
Holy hell Mike, glad you're ok.

Watching a little too much Fast and the Furious lately, huh?

Forget about fixing up the Civic - my vote is selling it and getting a 2wd Ural and putting studded tires on it.

This Is a good idea. Best one yet. thanks for all the good words guys, I can get the door for 60 to make it rain proof and give me time to decide what to do. Picking that up tonight. I had to deflate the tires on one side and pull rocks out of the side between the tire and the rims FFS, Oh well.

glad to hear you are ok !
fix it enuf to drive and just drive it ,its just a car,thats the way i'd do it
i had a somewhat similar experience back in the day but landed on my wheels in my celica GT
rolled it after losing control on sunflower seed oil ::)

Yep. I stopped caring what this thing looked like years ago. As long as I can make is safe, cause I pick my son up at school in it, I am ok. I think it will be fixed just enough and put in red oxide primer and driven till inspection, then we'll decide to put a window in or not and go from there.

That will buff out! ::)

Buy a doner car. Crashed cars suck!

My dad was a TV repair man back in the day he has some tools don't worry we can fix it !

If you can get the shell from the one with the doors you mentioned swapping roof is not that big of deal if you can weld. Careful measuring (measure twice, cut once) should be able to replace the whole roof. When building our race cars it is easier to cut the roof off and build the cage and reweld the roof back on than building the cage in the confines of the interior. I once drove with the race car on the trailer a 50 mile round trip with no hood latch and as I was getting off the home off ramp a big truck went by and blew the hood open and dimpled the roof just like yours. Just cut the old one off and replaced it.

Those damn racing stripes is what did it. Glad you made it out safely man.

LOL racing stripes. I got drunk ine night and found those and put them on the hood as a joke. I forgot they were hard to pull off when I sobered up. I actually have a new hood for this car too. Good to know about the roof. I have a dent puller I am going to try first to get it better then if it gets kept I can do the reskin from the junk yard car. It has the same rubber strips on it.

DreadRock said:
My dad was a TV repair man back in the day he has some tools don't worry we can fix it !

My grandfather was too! I have the same tools.

dang i had put the rally stripe kit on my celica too, :eek: before i rolled it on the sunflower seed oil :-\ :'(
it were the one that looks like a fastback mustang
that thing hauled ass with the secondary on the carb hard wired mechanical
chp ticketed me doin' 94mph with mt shasta as a backdrop

xb33bsa said:
dang i had put the rally stripe kit on my celica too, :eek: before i rolled it on the sunflower seed oil :-\ :'(
it were the one that looks like a fastback mustang
that thing hauled ass with the secondary on the carb hard wired mechanical
chp ticketed me doin' 94mph with mt shasta as a backdrop

lol i WON'T Put a new stripe on the new hood.

I'd sell the parts you have to repair this one and buy one with a blown motor and swap motors. When you roll it theres a good chance of twisting the frame/body... May never run straight again. My dad had a 95, rearended a UPS truck (low speed) twisted it up and it was junk, would have costed 4 times more to get it straight and true then the car was worth.

TMart said:
I'd sell the parts you have to repair this one and buy one with a blown motor and swap motors. When you roll it theres a good chance of twisting the frame/body... May never run straight again. My dad had a 95, rearended a UPS truck (low speed) twisted it up and it was junk, would have costed 4 times more to get it straight and true then the car was worth.

this could be true although the roll was pretty gental. Came to almost a stop on the wheels then it rolled due to slope angle. I am looking into what I can get for the fenders, hood, wheels, tires etc and if it is enough, I'll part it out and scrap the rest and get a new to me used car. For now I will get the door and mount it for rainy days until I can decide and find out if it is tweaked to bad. It drove me home without issue, let go af wheel and it tracked straight so good sign it might be salvagable.

Good luck, biggest thing is you're ok.... could have been way worse! A car is a car and can be replaced... can't say as much for people

Thanks Man, glad i am still here too. ;D Just wish this could have waited until the bank account could refill from the last round of car repairs.

Hate when shit like this happens when your poor. Feelin your pain. Wife's Odessey needs struts, power doors repaired, and windshield. :( Subaru starting to make drivetrain noises,really bad ones. And of course, the bikes almost done. But the wife's car comes first. Oh well.

Glad you're ok Maritime. I'm with Bozz on that, do a "for now" fix as much as absolutely necessary and watch your local kijiji or whatever for a similar year civic with a blown motor.
You know right now theres a kid near you just itching to trade his bad ass 600 hp civic for an old bike right? :p

Thanks guys the junkyard didn't get my door off yesterday so I am going there at lunch to make it happen today. I was looking it over last night and discoverd a ton of bondo in the original door. not the first crash this car has had LOL. I knew it was painted when I bought it, but not just to freshen it up. I think with the new door I can get it ok to drive until I can find some $$ to get something else. I'll just be putting a ton more miles on the bike, which is not a bad thing at all just use the car when it is raining too hard to take my son to-from school/daycare.

Maritime said:
LOL racing stripes. I got drunk ine night and found those and put them on the hood as a joke. I forgot they were hard to pull off when I sobered up. I actually have a new hood for this car too. Good to know about the roof. I have a dent puller I am going to try first to get it better then if it gets kept I can do the reskin from the junk yard car. It has the same rubber strips on it.
Unfortunately the dimpled leading edge of the roof is boxed in on the inside so you won't be able to get to the dent from the under side. All dent pulling will have to come from on top.

Back
Top Bottom