1973 DT250 Cafe/Brat build

Nice Brace. I had one on my RT3 and it worked nice. I don't think I can run one on El Chivo because of the larger front tire now but I may just try.

Looking Great man,

Jachana

Jachana said:
Nice Brace. I had one on my RT3 and it worked nice. I don't think I can run one on El Chivo because of the larger front tire now but I may just try.

Looking Great man,

Jachana

Thanks man. loving your build as well. I think i will have to modify the mounting holes on the brace as it comes a little too close to the larger and lower headlight.

Been a while since I checked in here but I have gotten work done on the bike. I finished making new clutch, front brake, and throttle cables using the venhill cable kits that can be found on ebay. I also got most of the wiring harness finished, all I need to do is but some lights and wire them up. I put a new mikuni tm32 flatslide carb on. And I bent up a new kickstart lever cause the old one bent when the motor kicked back. Next week I will start modifying and fabricating an expansion chamber

Some of the wiring

Front brake cable

Looks good. What is the pipe? Did you port the cylinder, Boyesen ports,any trick reeds? Great carb choice.

jimmer said:
Looks good. What is the pipe? Did you port the cylinder, Boyesen ports,any trick reeds? Great carb choice.

pipe is an old one i found on ebay that i modified the header tube to go down, i kept the length right so it should be pretty decent (cant be worse than the stock pipe). No porting yet. has boyeson 603 power reeds in the cage, tm32 mik carb. And I have a GYT high compression head that will eventually go on. Glad you like it!

some light reading for pipe design on the dt

http://www.bridgestonemotorcycle.com/documents/do_you_really6.pdf

Well that's basically it. I've got a couple little bits here and there to work on but this thing is basically done. I'll post a running video and more pics if anyone is interested.

Looks Awesome man! The seat turned out great. What did you use for the bottom of the seat where the leather attaches? Was just curious. I have used all sorts of stuff, even a cookie sheet lol.

Great job,

Jachana

Jachana said:
Looks Awesome man! The seat turned out great. What did you use for the bottom of the seat where the leather attaches? Was just curious. I have used all sorts of stuff, even a cookie sheet lol.

Great job,

Jachana

I made a metal (steel) seat pan and then had it upholstered. They wrapped the leather around the back and used some sort of contact cement to attach it

5/21 in Clarksburg MD, there is a British and European motorcycle show worth going to.

If you want to meet up, let me know.

Thanks everyone! Glad that your liking it.

Maritime said:
I like everything but the choice in tires. other than those it's pretty rad.

Thanks man glad you like it. If I may. What exactly don't you like about them? I'm not offend or anything I'm just curious

Back
Top Bottom