the RaZoR - move along, nothing to see here!

stroker crazy

crazy as a fox
item.JPG

Most of the components have been gathered to build the RaZoR. It will be an attempt to improve on the legendary RZ Yamaha.

A modified and strengthened RZ frame will hold a highly tuned motor with a capacity of 485cm3. The engine will be built using all new, top quality components.

The bodywork design is based on the '83 RZ but slimmer, lighter, and constructed entirely of composites (glass fibre, Kevlar, carbon fibre).

A custom wiring loom will connect upgraded electrics, including high-tech instrumentation, an all-LED lighting system, and programmable ignition.

When finished every original RZ component will have been modified or replaced.

While a lot of thought has gone into planning this build, the nature of things mechanical (not to mention electrical!) is bound to cause many changes in direction.

The starting point:

item.JPG

Crazy

Re: the RaZor - coming soon!

I see you are starting with a velociraptor frame. ;D ...just kiddin ya. I'm in for the build. Sounds cool

Re: the RaZor - coming soon!

Yep - I want to see where this one goes for sure.

Re: the RaZoR - coming soon!

item.JPG

A straight intake tract and semi-downdraft carbies will need clearance so the subframe has to be modified.

The section marked in blue has to go:

item.JPG

item.JPG

With a new section welded in and some additional bracing to look something like this:

item.JPG

Crazy

Re: the RaZoR - coming soon!

This looks interesting. I'm in, what size FCRs are you running there?

Re: the RaZoR - cutting time!

Nice, tasty project you've got going I'll be following along. Gotta love the 2strokes!

Re: the RaZoR - surgery completed!

item.JPG

Subframe section and tabs removed:

item.JPG

While weight reduction isn't the main focus of this build it doesn't hurt to lose this lot!

The frame is now off to the welder. It needs a suitably accredited person to do the job in case engineering questions come up during the registration process.

Crazy

Thanks for the interest guys.

booby - loved your RD125 build; if my finished bike is as coherently realised as yours I'll be content!

Crazy

Man oh man... This really is going to be a hell of a machine.

Back
Top Bottom