Franken Bike Honda CB/XL 125 6v to 12v possible?

BERMUDACB

Hello All,

I've made the mistake of liking my Honda CB100 soooo much I decided to build another....but different!

Started with a Honda CB100 frame from 1973, added 19in rims since I'm a big fat bastard, some chrome, couldn't find a 1/2 decent CB100 motor so I went with an XL 125.

I had a CB motor but its been outside exposed the to elements for 30+ years and needs a total rebuild something that my limited skills and limited access to parts made me find a donor motor.

Feel my pain so far?

Is there some way to use an XL 125 12V harness and motor with light/indicator/horn switches (aftermarket), lights, indicators from a 75 Honda 125s 6v?

Attachments

• Honda 1.jpg
    Honda 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 229
  • Honda 8.jpg
    Honda 8.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 227
  • Honda 7.jpg
    Honda 7.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 283
  • Honda 6.jpg
    Honda 6.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 266
  • Honda 5.jpg
    Honda 5.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 263
  • Honda 4.jpg
    Honda 4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 233
  • Honda 3.jpg
    Honda 3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 233
  • Honda 2.jpg
    Honda 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 252
6v to 12V conversion is easy and we've done more than a few of them.

Parts you'll need:
12V battery
12V regulator/rectifier
All new lights (including gauge lights)
Horn

Existing wiring and switches are OK to reuse if they're in good condition. I also recommend keeping the ignition system stock. It runs on AC power directly from the alternator and conversion of that portion can be tricky.

We have a kit we've put together, if you're interested. The only batteries we supply are LI-ION, which I know can be outside of some people's budgets, so let me know if you wanted the full deal or plan to use something else for the battery.

Thank you for your quick response!

I should have made myself clearer, I have a 12v motor/gauges (although its proving to be another nightmare to get the bezels to mount the xl speedo/tach to the cb triple tree) harness (and hopefully all the bits needed; rectifier/coil/ect) but have CB 6v switches/ignition/indicators.

See pics below, first is of the back side of the XL gauges and the next is the CB bezels next to the XL gauges.

Do you have a link to your kit?

Attachments

• bezels2.JPG
    bezels2.JPG
    983.1 KB · Views: 227
  • bezels1.JPG
    bezels1.JPG
    831.5 KB · Views: 230
It's not up on the website yet, but I'll be happy to discuss the details if you needed something specific. info@sparckmoto.com

Sounds like all you might need are new indicators and a flasher relay?

Back
Top Bottom