Anyone ever try one of these helmets?

Itazura

I love the retro look, just can't find any listings with actual feedback or reviews on them. I don't want to waste my $$$ on something if it's total crap. Anyone bought, seen, tried, returned, blew up, thrown away, loved, or spat on one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOT-Approved-Motorcycle-Helmet-3-4-Open-Face-Matte-Black-Star-Retro-Vintage-S/171030311507

You took the words right out of my mouth. Time to buy a SNELL helmet. Christ Jesus.

Shit, I hit my head on stuff like that just walking around normally, without a helmet on. :)

Don't buy any helmet that is advertised with 'DOT Approved' before anything else, including the brand.

If you don't recognize the brand, and if they don't have a pile of millions of dollars to lose in the event of a helmet failure and subsequent lawsuit, then don't buy it.

The big brands make sure their shit is right, above and beyond any DOT or SNELL testing, because they have a TON to lose. Billions of dollars, thousands of employees, worldwide operations are behind the major brands.

That vs. marketing companies rebranding helmets they choose on Alibaba.com or whatever and then hawk on eBay to unsuspecting buyers. The first results when you Google EVOS Helmets are Amazon listings. Where's the company?

Even a Diesel branded helmet is better - made by AGV - and you can get some real wacky lids like a helicopter pilot inspired one. Just the thing for scooting around on the ground.

http://www.motardinn.com/motorcycle-equipment/diesel-hi-jack-black-green/25339/p

There are plenty of cool looking helmets out there

And I do believe that I now have permission to buy an expensive helmet. The look on my wife's face said it all

I am probably going to just get a Bell Rogue helmet. I'm only really going to go cruising around town, and at most make a 2 hour drive. Looks like it would be comfortable and fairly durable.

Attachments

• Corey-Wearing-Rogue-Helmet.jpg
    Corey-Wearing-Rogue-Helmet.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,139
I like the general direction Bell was going with the Rogue. But it kust didn't seem to get all the way there, for me. Bummer.

I don't understand wearing a 1/2 helmet with a fake faceplate. If you eat it, that thing isn't going to do a damn thing.

I also am barely capable of dressing myself so my fashion advice is worth what you pay for it.

That's not true Rich. When you wreck, that faceplate should do a great job of cuting a big chunk out of your face.

Rich Ard said:
I don't understand wearing a 1/2 helmet with a fake faceplate. If you eat it, that thing isn't going to do a damn thing.

I also am barely capable of dressing myself so my fashion advice is worth what you pay for it.

I'm just gonna be cruising around this little hick town, so its fine for me.

No such thing as just cruising around.

Its your face so I won't berate you, but before you make a final helmet decision imagine what it would feel like to drag your face across the street at 15mph. Not highway speeds. Just slow down in a school zone 15mph.

Again, its your decision (and I won't lie to ya, I've been known to toss on a 3/4 lid for a quick run to the store or on a really hot day) but be informed and intelligent about it.

The "Ill only be crusing around town, no big deal" mentality will get you taken to the ER or the morgue in no time. If you choose to wear no helmet, that's your right but you need to be aware of the possible consequences of every decision you make in regards to that motorcycle. Ride like everyone else on the road is trying to kill you.

VonYinzer said:
That's not true Rich. When you wreck, that faceplate should do a great job of cuting a big chunk out of your face.

[shudder]

I firmly believe that as free humans, we should be able to decide whether or not to wear a helmet. But every time I look at my belt sander I wonder how a person can go out without a full bucket on and not be terrified of eating asphalt.

I got hit by a Silverado while on my bike when I was a kid. And much more. I guess I'm just not that worried about what may come. I do, however appreciate your concerns.

The NHTSA reports that approximately 52 percent of all accidents occur within a five-mile radius of home and 69 percent of all car accidents occur within a ten-mile radius from home.

Food for thought.

IAMBLAMB said:
I got hit by a Silverado while on my bike when I was a kid. And much more. I guess I'm just not that worried about what may come. I do, however appreciate your concerns.

That's your prerogative. Good luck man.

Bell Rogue $249 Quote: "The muzzle is not a protective element".
Shoei RF-1000 (or comparable) $249

So......why ??? ??? ?? would you prefer a Bell Rogue?

If it's just because it looks cool to you, fine. Otherwise it's a safety illusion.

Back
Top Bottom