cb400t max tire size i can put on there.

apreludem

anyone know what's the maximum amount of beefiness a tire can be for a cb400t? i believe front rim is 19 inch and rear 18 inch.

Thanks

What sizes are on there now? Chances are, they are close to the "safest" sizes you can mount.

Find out how wide your wheels are - wider wheels can fit wider tires.

ok i just went to check, and i found that my rear sprocket has some free play from side to side...i checked to see if the axle bolt was on tight and it was, is this normal?

also, the front sprocket - doesn't sit all the way back. i wish i had pictures to show you guys.

so anyone know if the rear sprocket is actually supposed to have some play from side to side?
bike is cb400t.
rear breaks seem to work ok...i just spin the wheel by hand then press the brake pedal and it stops right away.

Ok so this play that I am experiencing with the rear sprocket seems to be rotational, not side to side. I read somewhere that rotational play is normal..
Is this true?

for answers you need to be more specific with your questions - can you describe the play more specifically?

rear brakee on the cb400 should have a little bit of pedal pressure before the brakes engage...check your manual.

it does have a bit of pressure - when i said it stops right away i meant that the wheel doesn't just keep spinning.

Wonder why nobody is banging down their keyboards to help? Partly due to the last statement and what Rich Ard just pointed out. You've asked a couple different questions in a single thread that are off the original topic as well.

I'm running a 4.25 K81 on spoke rims. No clearance problems whatsoever. Not sure if the Comstar wheels are the same width or not.

TC

im running 130 80 16 rear and 100 90 19 front spokes rims wanted to go 110 90 19 but its pushing it so stick with 100 90 19 as for the rear 130 80 16 its very close to the chain so not sure if you can put anymore wider tire without any mods

Back
Top Bottom