what's good stuff to use for grip cement ?

grcamna5

Over 1,000 Posts
I want to glue my left stock handle grip onto the bars and don't feel like driving 13 miles to a dealership.
Have any of you used another product(I tried contact cement but it didn't hold)to glue the rubber grip on w/o it spinning on the bars when you pulled the clutch ?

I use hair spray to put on new grips. Lubricates them on then dries tacky. Make sure to clean the bars first with alcohol or something. Are your grips old loose ones? The gf gets a little made and cries "it's expensive", but fortunately I care more about the bikes feelings. I've had best results with vidal sassoon haha

This is strange to me. I put clean grips on clean bars and they don't move. Have I just been lucky? I twist them on with water and a drop of dish soap.

Every one of my bikes left hand grips are loose.

WTF, even after my rear ended from a cage, Harley couldn't get it right.

I can't seem to get the grip to stay on either of my bikes.

No matter what I use.

tmgeske said:
Bingo. I've had similar results with WD40, apart from the scent of course.

+1 I use penetrating oil after a couple days they dont budge.

jimmer said:
This is strange to me. I put clean grips on clean bars and they don't move. Have I just been lucky? I twist them on with water and a drop of dish soap.

+1 I was skeptical but gave it a try. Grips don't twist. I'm not cranking on them or taking the bike to the track but I have tried to twist the grip it and doesn't budge

Back
Top Bottom